• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aspirin and a bypass .

Hi im on asprin and was told just to stop asprin 1 week befor bypass then had 3 blood thining injetions post surgery then back on asprin from day 4 after op all went well hope this helps ...jeff

Hi Margaret,
As you know I am under CX and I have been told by Mr Ahmed to stop my daily aspirin 2 weeks before the op. hth.

Gosh you haven`t got long now till your surgery John , did they ask you to loose some weight before your surgery . Because I was put on Xenical but I haven`t lost anything and my GP took me off them . Good luck and take care .

Yes the date is creeping ever closer...:eek:

I have been on most of the meds and they worked for a bit but I couldn't cope with the nasty side-effects. Also, I didn't manage to reach the goals required to continue them.

I have had no instructions to lose weight yet, but have been anyway just to make the op a bit easier. I have my pre-op on 22nd October so will know a bit more then.

I can't believe they haven't given you your date yet, have you been in touch with them since they said you would be dated soon? I think I would be tempted to give them a prod...;)

Hi Everybody
I`v just been told that if your on aspirin that you cant have a bypass is this right or wrong . Has any body on here had a bypass and is on aspirin . Please help because want a bypass .
Take care .
Margaret xx

The only connection I could see would be the likelihood of long term use of asprin and stomach ulcers...but I am not doctor...but then again a doctor would surely look at the benefits of WLS for you over the likelihood of you developing stomach ulcers, which they might be able to help stop with medication like PPI's.

EDIT: Everyone has said it before me...

Hope that helps a bit Margaret.

(((hugs)))

Hi Margaret,

bless your heart, please stop worrying. Charing cross know your full history and I am sure they wouldn't have agreed to the surgery if there was any problem with your medication. They have taken great care so far.

As you know I had my surgery at Charing cross my surgeon Mr.Amhed told me that I wouldn't be able to take aspirin after my surgery. I am sure there will be something else for you to take after the surgery.

If you have any concerns you can always e-mail Karen or Debbie at Charing cross and I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

I hope you will get a date very soon. You so deserve it.

Back