• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

End of The Road

A.Positive

So I think this is it for me; for now anyway.

The Bariatric team wrote to my GP this week and asked for evidence that I cannot provide. Unless my GP is able to pull something out of the bag that I have forgotten about; there will be no surgery for me.

I am positive though, I am a firm believer in "everything happening for a reason". Perhaps there is something I am yet to find out that I missed? Perhaps this time might be the time I manage to crack this weight loss thing with all the intensive support that the programme offers? Maybe surgery isn't for me after all (although I feel it is)?

If by some miracle I get a yes, I will back here shouting it from the roof tops but if not, then I don't think I will be on here for a while. I wish you all the best of luck with your journey's and thank you all for your support and advice over the last few months.

Take care guys!

Alex xx

Hi Alex...when they say cannot provide, what go they mean ? I don't understand...x

Hey! I need to show that I have attempted weight loss at tier 3 in the community. I believed that to be slimming clubs but I have learned that this is a doctor led weight management.

I am not sure if my stint with the dietitian counts, even so that wasn't for 6 months. x

Ok I see, don't give up all hope as yet mate... Press on and hopefully you will get your surgery.... I have not been told to attend any thing of such... I really hope when I next see the surgeon I don't get told that...

Don't give up yet. Let the GP writ back with what he can tell them. It is not cut and dried. The paperwork usually goes in front of a panel who can use their discretion.

It may be that they say the will fund as long as you do a 6 month program so it is not a 'no' but a 'later' xx

University College Hospital. They were very happy for me to have the surgery and said that I could have been in theater in 8 weeks from my pre-assessment but they changed the guidelines on the day my referral letter was written!!!!!!!!!

OMG..... such a shame... i hope it all works out for you in time...x

It's definitely not a no. The surgeon did warn me that this might happen and that I may have to wait while. I still have bit of hope, the Bariatric coordinator did say to me yesterday, "you just ever know, your GP could come back with anything and the MDT may feel that that is all they need along with your recent attempts at Weight Watchers".

Never give up hope. I thought i had no hope just over a year ago as my region have very strict criteria and only allow 10 people a year to go for bariatric surgery... Quite shocking really. Ask to go on a weight management course via the NHS. I have done several of these before bariatrics was even a twinkle of a thought with me. So glad I strived with these as I never reckoned on their importance in my getting funding until recently. At least you will have started the process ahead of them suggesting it which they may wll do ;).. Good luck hun and fingers crossed that your doubts are dashed just so that you can go forward in your journey :) x

Last edited:
Ok I see, don't give up all hope as yet mate... Press on and hopefully you will get your surgery.... I have not been told to attend any thing of such... I really hope when I next see the surgeon I don't get told that...

Fingers crossed for you my love! x:D

:)

In some cases it is only an 8 week weight loss programme, I only had to do 8 weeks and some people at the seminar didn't do any programme and it just meant they would come back at a later date, postponed not cancelled so there is still some hope. Good luck xx

Back