• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

at what weight?...

Hi Tasha
Mine was the 20 stone mark. Up until then i was fine but went on holiday with my best friend in June and for the 1st time ever she noticed that i was struggling to walk too far without being breathless. I also hated going out at night normally glam up with dresses but this year it was trousers and baggy tops. I want to regain my confidence and be able to keep up more with my daughter and grandson not to mention hopefully being around longer for them xx

Illness,no life,not wanting to be a burden,didnt want others doing my personal care if I got bigger,hubby had to tie laces,cut toenails/remove hard skin on feet(bless he comes in useful sometimes)didnt want anyone to have to wipe my bum! 19st 1oz top weight.

Hi Tasha.

I didn't have a clue how heavy I was. It wasn't something I ever dwelt on, so didn't seem important. However I was in a lot of pain and more than a little embarrassed when my Neurologist insisted on weighing me before instructing my doctor to refer me for WLS. I was 152.1kgs (about 24 and a half stone) and am 5ft 5ins.

That was a shock I can tell you.

Illness,no life,not wanting to be a burden,didnt want others doing my personal care if I got bigger,hubby had to tie laces,cut toenails/remove hard skin on feet(bless he comes in useful sometimes)didnt want anyone to have to wipe my bum! 19st 1oz top weight.

Yeah, one of my great fears was not being able to clean my self. It would have been so humiliating and I believe I wasn't far off it as I was finding it more and more difficult to get in and out of bath. I feared that oneday the fire brigade would have to be called to get me out of the bath.:(

Once I went over 19stone I felt enough was enough. While waiting for surgery my weight went up to just under 20stone so I'm glad I had it before it went any higher.High bp, diebetese and 3 strokes later the penny seemed to drop that I needed to drop the weight.I only wish I had gone to see the gp about it before the co-morb idities set in.

Back