• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i've had enough!!!

tashaliza

Hello everyone,

haven't posted on here for a while but i have been reading when i've had the chance.....my problem is that i've had enough!!!!
i've been waiting for wls for 3 years and im still now any closer......:cry:
during the 3 years that i've been waiting for funding i have put on 2 stone and now its starting to affect my knees and back, i suffer from terrible sciatica and knee problems. :cry:

i have decided to borrow the money and go private but the choices seem endless :confused: do i go for the cheapest or the one with the best reputation?

please help :sigh: i dont want to put on any more weight :17729: where would you go for surgery? who would you recommend? any advice would be appreciated.
thank tasha xxx

Ive decided not to bother with the nhs and go private just waiting for the funds to go through. I was the same you google it and loads comes up, i just read every website and stuck to the big names, i also went to a free consulation at the 2 i liked the most and now ive decided to go with surgicare/the hospital group!

I was impressed with them and thought its closer to home so its not 2 far to for the aftercare!
Hope this helps! :)

tashaliza said:
hi nat, sorry to be nosy but can i ask how much you are paying for a bypass?

tasha

Hey,

Dont mind at all, im having a band but i found price ranged from 5k To 8k and they all seemed to offer the same. Ive gone forrhe hospital group and it will be £6k

Hi

Im sorry its come to this for you. I went private too as I had no chance of funding on the NHS.

What surgery are you wanting. The reason I ask is if you are going for a band a more local provider would be ideal.

Hi

Im sorry its come to this for you. I went private too as I had no chance of funding on the NHS.

What surgery are you wanting. The reason I ask is if you are going for a band a more local provider would be ideal.

hi mazza, i want to have a bypass really but i dont want to go out of the country, like Belgium want to stay in the uk. tasha :wave_cry:

I had my band with WLS Group they do bypasses from £8995 depending where you go, Im not sure if they run a clinic near you for post op check ups x

Im not sure what aftercare you get with a bypass but for a bander that was a very big consideration for me.

Good luck x

I had my bypass privatly through south west bariatrics in Taunton. They were and still are fabulous.

Hi i went with the BMI Healthcare group, they have clinics dotted throughout the UK, I've been very happy so far with my treatment. If your BMI is under 50 they charge just under 10k for a bypass, if it's over 50 they add on another grand. Hope this helps x

Hello everyone,

haven't posted on here for a while but i have been reading when i've had the chance.....my problem is that i've had enough!!!!
i've been waiting for wls for 3 years and im still now any closer......:cry:
during the 3 years that i've been waiting for funding i have put on 2 stone and now its starting to affect my knees and back, i suffer from terrible sciatica and knee problems. :cry:

i have decided to borrow the money and go private but the choices seem endless :confused: do i go for the cheapest or the one with the best reputation?

please help :sigh: i dont want to put on any more weight :17729: where would you go for surgery? who would you recommend? any advice would be appreciated.
thank tasha xxx

Hi
sorry to hear this. why have you been waiting for so long? have you been reffered by your GP? had any appointments with surgeon? I can believe that the process can take that long- I just managed to speed it all up by calling, nagging and taking cancellations- so far it has been a year since my first group session and op is at the end of next month!

I went with surgicare and travelled from edinburgh to manchester to have the bypass with the great surgeon Mr Ammori. I paid £10k and have lifetime aftercare.

Hope this helps.

Back