• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

Greetings fellow Op'ers from August....
Well i will be 8 months out on the 26th and I know most of you have just hit your 8months too.
So I have now lost 5 stones exactly and have gone from a size 18 to a size 8. My bmi has gone from 31 to 18 and I feel so much better and healthier. My weight is still dropping at a rate of about 3lbs a month, that was this months loss so far.

I hope everyone is also doing well and enjoying their new lease of life.

Well done Karina!!!

Just to update for myself,

Still to weigh in tomorrow but as far since the 23 August I have lost (including my preop) 5 stone and 1/2lb!! Chuffed with my progress, granted still got a ways to go, it's been a good journey, been a few stalls and a lot 1/2lb losses but they all add up!!

I think the band has been a great tool for me to watch my eating habits but still live a Little!! :)

Hope all the other August oppers are doing great!! :) xx

After hitting a long old weight loss stall although still loosing inches, I think it's the spinning classes three times a week along with my weight training that caused this in still not near my end goal of ten stone! But boy can I glide around in this sunshine so much easier than this year and I feel fab!!

Hope your all enjoying this sunshine with your new less sweaty clammy leg rubbing selves?

I'm still hoping I reach my mini target of 12 stone by November in order to have my plastics done before my wedding!

Here's a progress photo

image-1963209144.jpg

Hope your all well August oppers!!

After hitting a long old weight loss stall although still loosing inches, I think it's the spinning classes three times a week along with my weight training that caused this in still not near my end goal of ten stone! But boy can I glide around in this sunshine so much easier than this year and I feel fab!!

Hope your all enjoying this sunshine with your new less sweaty clammy leg rubbing selves?

I'm still hoping I reach my mini target of 12 stone by November in order to have my plastics done before my wedding!

Here's a progress photo

View attachment 16273

Hope your all well August oppers!!

Wow Lauren, you look amazing!! like a totally different person!!! :) xxx

Thank you I still have about 4 1/2 stone to go until I'm totally happy although half that could possibly be saggy skin! I look about 80 :( I have to tuck it into all sorts of inventive places!

August opers update...
So just over 9 months out for me now...I'm now 7st 7lbs and a size 8. I'm very pleased with my sleeve. I do struggle to get all my food in along with fluids and this past month have had less desire to eat grilled chicken as it's hit like a brick.
I'm due a check up blood test Friday so see how my levels all are!!
Hope everyone is well...

August opers update... So just over 9 months out for me now...I'm now 7st 7lbs and a size 8. I'm very pleased with my sleeve. I do struggle to get all my food in along with fluids and this past month have had less desire to eat grilled chicken as it's hit like a brick. I'm due a check up blood test Friday so see how my levels all are!! Hope everyone is well...

Hope your levels are all good I'm due to have mine done in just over a week!
After what seemed like the longest stall ever I'm moving again! So let's hope it stays that way!

I'm like you my fluids often lack!

Size 8!!! Amazing :)

Wow reading this thread back and so much has changed for so many of us..and so many have disappeared altogether!
I hope everyone is doing well and ok..maybe an update from folk would be good as we are coming up to two years post op now...
I'm at 21 months post sleeve, I'm now six and a half stone and seem to be maintaining this weight now thankfully. I have not put any weight back on and have just dropped and dropped to where I am now.
Things have bee up and down with my frustrations at not been able to eat due to a tiny sleeve. I still get angry very easily and am more moody than before. I clean like a person possessed now instead of eating!
I live on arla protein yoghurt, protein drinks including weetabix, slim fast and arla milk drinks and porridge. Anything else seems to disagree with me, either too solid and hurts like hell in my tiny tummy or it's too sugary and I dump.
I take 6 vitamins and iron a day and my levels are all ok...iron has been very low though at times so one to watch.
My b12 if fine and I don't have any injection for this.
All is well..I feel great..I look very thin but I'm so pleased with my sleeve.
I still get head hunger and I do still get the desire to have treats which I do have several times a week..usually kitkat chunkys although today I had some dairy milk whole nut! You have to work with your tool and forget about eating like you did before.
So generally all is great.
I do think a lot about people I started this journey with and sad that many have dropped off, for whatever reason!
Sharon, kirsty, Alfie, bear...still my gang..then Sophia and daisy not far behind us!
Please do update this thread if you were part of the old gang x

Last edited:
Back