• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carb free diet

Hi all i have just registerd and not sure wot to do or if I am doin it right. I am a trucker in black country + have been watching this site for a while now, it's rearly good to be able to read all your comments+ advice. I have my surgery date on 17 august at Walsall manor with dr khan, been nearly 2 years but at last the sky is getting brighter. I have. My pre op on 27 July, can any body help me get my head round the carb free diet am not sure wot I can or can't have, thanks + I hope to be chatting to u all soon, Bigun.

hi and welcome i cant advice you on your carb diet but im sure someone will be along soon
good luck with ur surgery and keep us posted on how you are doing

Have you not been given a diet sheet? How many calories are you to aim for?

I did the low carb pre op and this is what I was allowed.

Breakfast

Either one egg (not fried) or one slimfast shake

Lunch

1-2 oxo cubes as a hot drink

Evening meal

Either a chicken breast or a piece of White fish with the choice of a green salad or veggies (no root vegetables allowed)

Extras

To make sure I include a total of 5 portions of fruit/veg per day (but take it easy on the fruit as generally higher in carbs and again no root vegetables)

That's about it as far as I can remember. There is a similar diet on the BOSPA website, which several trusts use but the main thing is to eat foods higher in protein and with little or no sugar (that includes natural sugars).

Hope that helps.

Julie

Eat plenty of fruit,veg,salad,fish,lean meat,tinned fish,soups(not cream of)Basically no potatoes, bread,cakes,biscuits,pasta,rice.You can re introduce bread and potato in small portions post op,pasta and rice tend to stick.Maz x

Hi a Walsall patient when did you have your first appointment .my first appointment was in December I was put on list in April I just wondering how long the waiting lists are I've been told Christmas but can't really see it happening .no ideal about carbs salads fruit etc I think all the best

Hi ta 4 reply. My first trip to wasall was June 2010, then it was November to see dietitian+ clinical psyoligist then I was put on the list, thought they had forgot me the I had 2 dates in June to have blood tests+ mrsa tests+ ECG , then on second trip to see dr useff it was then he offered me the 17 august. Hope u here soon + good luck. This site has rearly opened my eyes + answered a lot of my worries, wished I had found it sooner.

Welcome to the site. I have had friends use the Atkins diet but you should see a dietican for the best advice for you as there maybe side affects to being on a low/free carb diet and being a professional driver eg tiredness etc.

Back