• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Avocado, yey or ney?

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi guys, I love avocado and it would go down nicely on the puree / soft food post op diet, but is it ok to have? I know it's crammed full of nutrients but it's also very high in fat so am always a bit unsure about it.

What do you guys think?

Cuppa xx

I am going to get some avacados, they are so good for you, and squishy and mushy. I've just had shepherds pie, colcannon and gravy, really lovely and tasty. Let's hope Jackie likes it, I think she does.

I say yum, I mean yes! Avacado is a perfect soft food or blended it can be done during purees. It is the 'good' kind of fat so I wouldn't worry on that point. I have made an awesome dish with avacado, a little greek yogurt and some tomato salsa & blend. YUM!!! I heart avacados!

Nic:D

Avocado it is then! :D Thanks ladies! xx

I dont think I have ever eaten avocado...only ever in a guacomole never just advocado...I might try these...Thanks!

Just make sure it is VERY ripe. Even to the point that it is a bit bruised. Just take away any black bits.

Good luck
xx

Tah John - How you getting on?

I love avocado and it's something that I ate early on,still do now and as John said the riper the better.
I have mine with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt&pepper.
Simply delicious,Yum yum.

Back