• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 injections

As already said some providers recommend it routinely. Others - like mine - only recommend it if there is a clinical need. Loading doses would only be required if acute deficiency was detected. We have our first blood test at 6 months post op, just had mine and awaiting results. I've felt tired the last couple of weeks, but I could just need a holiday!

I'm having my first one on Wednesday. As I feeling crap at the moment I'm hoping I will feel better after. After reading not everyone as it though I think I may ask for a blood test in 3 months time to check my levels. I don't see the point in putting things into my body if they aren't really required.

yeh ive read through was wondering why all were different but actually pre op diets and post op diets have been diff, so I think its just pot luck. yeh I think its wise to see if u need them am sure it will show up if ur deficient in something In our bloods. Worth having the first one just to see if it perks u up a little
x

I'm having my first one on Wednesday. As I feeling crap at the moment I'm hoping I will feel better after. After reading not everyone as it though I think I may ask for a blood test in 3 months time to check my levels. I don't see the point in putting things into my body if they aren't really required.

They may hurt but you do feel so much better after them.. I remember talking about B12 with my personal trainer and she said that where she comes from in South Africa everyone has B12 injections just for the buzz. I am 22 stone but I still skip out of the GP after my B12.

Happy hols
xx:D

They may hurt but you do feel so much better after them.. I remember talking about B12 with my personal trainer and she said that where she comes from in South Africa everyone has B12 injections just for the buzz. I am 22 stone but I still skip out of the GP after my B12.

Happy hols
xx:D

I hope I come skipping out because at the moment I feel like I need carrying in lol. Xx

It may take a few days but you'll get there. My grandad had them for pernicious anaemia within 24-36hrs later was like a spring chicken. About a week before his next was due he was like a clock running down.

You can buy B12 drops from various places (I use biocare for my multi vitamins etc as Forceval isn't veggie friendly) if you are worried you are low but your provider doesn't offer the jabs or your bloods don't indicate a need - although if the latter was the case then why bother? Think the B12 drops are under a fiver (no, not Karlos' dog) they can be taken directly under the tongue so hit the bloodstream quickly or mixed in food/water.

Hope you are feeling better for your holidays PP77 and good luck with the jab.

I had the jab yesterday and its wasnt too bad it ached more thannit hurt and that lasted 15 seconds at the most :). X

Hi all.
I have pernicious anemia,and have injections monthly,and certainly know when im due my next one.my concern is when i have had the bypass ,will it affect me.

Sarah, why do you say Mr Finlay legged it ??

He's still on the register

Bariatric Surgeon Reporting Website

Sorry I didn't mean literally. I meant I have had no need to contact him as everything went really well for me from the outset ( with the exception of my first dumping episode!!) I haven't had any follow up from him or his team.

Just a check up phone call would be nice....but like I said they had my cash, did the op, I haven't needed them so feel a little left out on a limb.

My GP and surgery are fabulous though and have been brilliant throughout. Some GPs refuse to do all the bloods, B12 injection etc on the NHS so private patients could be charged to get these done.

Back