• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Babies!

pauladerm

I just had my band fitted three months ago and I can't wait to start trying for a baby. As my main reason of having the band was to be able to conceive. So I have given myself 1yeR and then I will start trying again.

Lozer

How have u found it? I'm not sure weather to have band or bypass. I have one daughter but despretly won't another so was thinking band mite b better. But worried about the port flipping or band slipping or all the things h hear about. Any advice or experiences would b great x

janeybec

Don't quote me on this but I was told with a band u can start trying straight away but bypass or sleeve u are advised to wait 18 months x this was the reason I chose my band x

bex j88

How long do u need to wait after having a band fitted to try for a baby??

I had my band done in May by st Richards in Chichester and they specifically told me to wait 1 year before getting pregnant. The reason behind this according to them is to maximise weight loss before your body starts to change again for pregnancy.

My husband also works closely with a top bariatric surgeon and they too recommend 1 year. Although each provider is different!

I think advice changes year on year. At the start I was told the band would be emptied on pregnancy but now that's not a definite - depending on the individual.

moomoo1

I got pregnant after about year n half was told to have band emptied and gained all the weight back thru pregnancy then had band slippage now awaiting bypass . its at least a year recommended befor trying you need to give the op the best chance the band especially can easily take that long to get good restriction and decent weightloss, but its also about giving you time mentally to prepare with all the changes weightloss brings

janeybec

I think possibly its a case by case situation, we have been ttc for 4 years now and had 5 stone to lose (first 2st down already in 2 months) only had 2 fills (5ml in band) and don't intend on getting anymore anytime soon...am sure I'm where I need to be restriction wise. Maybe I was told I could try straight away as they know its prob not going to happen yet anyway! I was also told they wouldnt need to completely empty my band if I did fall pregnant, they would just monitor me very carefully. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us trying to be a mummy x

janeybec

I got pregnant after about year n half was told to have band emptied and gained all the weight back thru pregnancy then had band slippage now awaiting bypass . its at least a year recommended befor trying you need to give the op the best chance the band especially can easily take that long to get good restriction and decent weightloss, but its also about giving you time mentally to prepare with all the changes weightloss brings

Am so pleased for you and Sooo jealous, I would be the happiest person alive if I got pregnant after 18 months. Was the slippage due to being pregnant? X