• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinks after good?

louloumoo

My provider says that u only need to wait 5-10 mins before eating to have a drink.
I currently hungry after 2-3 hours!!

As a matter of interest, how long to guys wait (or Advised to wait) before having a drink?

Haha.. Meant to day drinks after FoOD.. God darn spell check!

befor food anytime after food 30mins was always the advice I was given

I drink during my meal and any time im thristy.

I was told 30 mins - which I have been sticking too.

my provider gave conflicting info. At one appointment I was told 30 mins after at another I was told you could do so while eating and after but should be small sips to quench the thirst and no really to be a full drink for about 20-30 mins.

Ive been sticking to the 30 minutes before and after that I was advised but I always really want to drink with a meal. Not sure if it might be yet another habit.

Thanks for the input guys, I have 6 in 10ml, but I think the drinking after a meal may be stopping me getting full benefit.. But it is such a hard habit to break..
I'm gonna give it a go and leave 3mins after I've eaten before having a drink.. See If that helps x

Latest from my provider was that food takes 5-10 mins to pass across the band. Before that, drinking will wash the food through, so you won't benefit from the band. Once the food has passed through I was told I could drink with no issues at all.

Out of interest, how slowly do you have to drink? I assume gulping is a very bad thing.

Will I have to sip drinks slowly for the rest of my life?

Hi I am 5 months post op and can now drink easier than I ever thought I would. A hot drink of tea or coffee I drink normally. No different to how I was pre op. As for cold drinks, I can't down a pint of squash like I could but I can have maybe 2 or 3 gulps. Anymore than that and the restriction kicks in and you feel it in between your busts. I tend to drink 2 gulps max and then wait a min then another couple of gulps. Not to bad at all.

Iv always drunk loads 2lt a day and lots at once goes down easy.

Back