• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Baby food

christine77

am hoping you can all give my friend who doesnt have a computer a bit of advice she is at the puree stage of her recovery diet and has been told by her dietican that she can have jars of baby food and to try and have a jar as a main course and one for dessert but she is worried there may be too much sugar in and cause dumping. the dietican she normally sees is off sick and hasnt got a lot of confidence in the lady whos filling in

as im pre op i cant advise her but i said i knew of group of people that could :eek::rolleyes:

I have been told by my baratric team that baby food is not suitable as it does not contain the right nutrition for us.

I don't think I'd fancy eating baby food, the smell of it used to make me gack when my own children were eating it.

All the nutritional info will be on the labels so she'll just need to check them, but wouldn't she be better off just making her own puree's?

There's lots of ideas in the recipies section on her, plus the usual things to fall back on, mash spuds & cheese, pureed veg / fruit, wizzed up mince with sauce or gravy. I'm sure she'd enjoy that more than baby food.

oh strange, i'm pre op but was told at a Bospa meeting last yr that baby food was ok.......so i got a hamper full as a joke for christmas :8855: maybe i should take it to the nursery where i work instead of eating it!!
Believe it or not i am a fussy eater & i'm dreading the puree stage the thought of it makes me want to be sick :cry: Anyway sorry to moan there!! Hope your friend gets on ok :D

Just shows what a real pig I was I used to love the babyfood especially the junior and it was a drag not eating my poor babies dinner.:(:(:(

I remember cauliflower cheese really well, yum yum

Back