• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back after op

Tee hee hee.............

Hi Mixman

I know what you mean about that pain,apparently its the top of your stomach where the oesophagus is attached and the way i looked at it was, maybe it needs time to settle down and re-adjust as the liver is also lifted out to access the stomach for the operation.But in answer to your question it was a couple of weeks until i felt "normal" again,but i will say that feeling has now changed into a "stop i am beginning to feel full message " if you understand me........
Just listen to your body and dont try to force that last bit down as i did at the beginning,as i was sick,but lesson learnt i dont do it anymore,i tend to eat little and often that seems to helps me thru the day and night especially when working :D.

xxx

Thanks for that info :D

My mum seems to think I'm not eating enough at the moment. My energy is returning though and I did have a wonderful sloppy mini shepherds pie for tea that she had conjured up.

I'm probably being over cautious as I really dislike being sick. And I am certainly not drinking the recommended 2L of water yet :eek:

Thanks for that info :D

My mum seems to think I'm not eating enough at the moment. My energy is returning though and I did have a wonderful sloppy mini shepherds pie for tea that she had conjured up.

I'm probably being over cautious as I really dislike being sick. And I am certainly not drinking the recommended 2L of water yet :eek:

As i said before i have gravy with most main meals it really does help the texture,and 2 litres of fluid a day is a big challenge i think everyone has a problem drinking that amount if their not used to drinking alot and too be honest some days if not most i dont drink enough,but its supposed to help break the fat down so i have been told,so its best trying to drink as much as possible.

xx

Never heard of being stood up but it does make sense your butt cheek hurts. I know people who have a shoulder ache postop b/c they're rolled onto their side.

Glad to hear you're on your way and feeling better.

Glad it went ok for you. Enjoy being spoiled by yr Mam x

Back