• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

oh why did I bother

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys

Sorry (before I start) I just dont have any positive going on for me atm. :cry:

I was told to contact the surgeons secretary to book in for another fill if I hadnt lost any weight since my port revision two weeks ago (I initially lost 3lbs and then gained that back and 2 more) . I weighed myself this morning and I have not lost nothing at all :mad::mad:

Anyhows I called the secretary who informed me the next stage is too see the dietician ( who works one a day flipping week) and try and manipulate (her words) my diet to help with weight loss......and (wait for it) they currently do not have any band fill dates within the next three months and basically have to wait until there is enough of us before I get given a date in the first place.

So I sed to the secretary if nobody wants/needs a fill what happens to my fill....and well lets just say I could well be sitting here in 6 months time waiting for another fill:eek::eek::eek::eek: Why oh why did I bother.........I am really beginning to lose heart with this band malarky I just dont know what else too do, I am eating all the right foods (am sure the secretary thinks I just sit on me backside all day gouging chips and burgers:mad::mad::mad:)am drinking enough and not snacking (not that I did before anyway) so god knows where I go from here. last time I tried to contact the dietician (several times) she never once called me back , so its not looking promising is it.........I can see exactly how this is gonna pan out . If I eventually get hold of her I prob get an appointment in 3/6 months (if I am lucky) and I will get put on the back burner no doubt. Sorry this isnt very uplifting today but I am just beginning to think why did I bl***y bother:confused::mad:

A very fed up Me Julie

I'm a bypasser so can't offer any advice but just wanted to say that you have my total sympathy..

Take care

Aw Im sorry you are having a Sh*t time of it at the moment! Seems a very long time to have to wait for a fill. Maybe you could contact PALS and make a complaint?
Hope you feel a bit more positive soon hun (HUGS) XXX

They constantly talk about getting your head in the right place,do this,try the other,dont do that,wait,wait and flaming wait!Do they realise how frustrating and agonising this process is!We end up anxious,nervous wrecks,totally consumed with this JOURNEY.God I would of walked around the UK in flip flops faster than some of our JOURNEYS!Rant over........

Julie

Firstly, take a deep breath....then....

Phone them back and tell them you will take any cancellation spaces they can offer.

Then keep positive, don't let the setbacks get to you.

What sort of restriction do you have right now? Weight can fluctuate for all manner of reasons. It's just not logical. You could weigh next week and find its all gone and more.

I have been through a rough patch with my band and I am 2 years out now but I am determined to keep going.

I had a very reassuring letter sent to me from my sister in law in Australia where they do a lot of banding and that the studies there indicate the actual average time for a person to loose the weight with a band is almost 4 years.

As I see it, it took me 25 years to pile of the weight, if it takes 4 to get it off and keep it off, thats actually quite fast.

Keep the faith...it has to happen and we have to make it happen....xxx

Ok Julie, what can we do in the meantime to help you?
Would you like me to give you a good calorie amount to go by?
What exercise are you doing on a daily basis?
I am more than happy to help you put a plan of action together to help you do something practical to help get out of a rut if you like.
It's one of those things where , if you don't get the aftercare you want , you kind of have to be determined and make it work for yourself ...try new things and keep making tweaks til you find what works.
As I have had very long periods with rubbish restriction and regaining bit of weight etc , I am happy to try and help you find some new ways of getting this going for you again.
I do have to say though, that you have made really quick progress for a bander, and you must try and cut yourself some slack here.
It could simply be your body wanting to adjust...sometimes this happens and you must try not to give up hope.
It is really hard to be patient, especially if life in general is getting you down...(I know I have felt like what's the point when I have stuck again on the same weight for two months and found out my kid kicked a teacher in the face etc..) sometimes life just kicks your butt for no good reason.
Please don't let a difficult phase , make you dismiss all the fantastic work you've done...because that counts for so much and you will be able to continue soon
Stress also interferes with your bodie's ability to release excess weight...try to take one day at a time and get through that day.
Hugs and please don't worry x

hi Julie..
Does your surgeon do private work..?
Is it worth asking if he would do a fill in his private practice.
Obviously you would have to pay but it means you would get a fill in a matter of weeks instead of waiting months on the NHS...I don't know how much it would cost ..but it would be worth it rather than the wait....
The only issue I guess, is the issues of the NHS patient using private facilities..I really dont know how that would work...may be worth checking out anyway hun..
It may be worth speaking to his private secretary ...
This wait lark is a real a pain in the whatsit 8-(
Dont give up x x

Hi Julie

Its only been two weeks hun and you said the other day you have been struggling to keep food down in which case dont go rushing into getting another fill.

I know you are going through a tough time at the moment which is obviously making you stressed but try and focus on the bigger picture and making sure that you are healthy to get you through this emotional time. You may find that your body is holding onto the weight at the moment due to stress and not consuming enough.

Take care x

Awww Julie, you are having a rough time one way and another... just want to say you are in my thoughts and sending you love and hugs on your journey as always... Bev xxx

its a pity really that gp's cant be trained to do band fills, it would help an awful lot. hope you feel better soon julie, hugs xxx

Aw Julie just sending you big big hugs hun xxxxxx

Massive hugs from me too hun, xx

Thank you guys for all your kind words.......I dont know what I would do without all your help & words of wisdom..........Your truly an amazing bunch of ppl xxx

We are just like you hun, but when we all come together..........Lawd help anyone who gets in our way! You are one of our warriors too and when its one of us whos down you'll be there helping us :D Its great having such a bunch of like minded people to help us when we need it, and kick our ars*s when we need it :D XX

hi julie sorry ur feeling so down,but are doing really well with your weightloss,ive had my band for over a year and only lost 2and half stone and desperate to get the right fill for me i have no restriction at all so well done ,be positve x

Hi Julie, your weight loss looks like it has been very good so far. I have to admit I've had a bypass so don't have any experience of the band. However, we all have set backs. Could the weight gain be accredited to where you are in your cycle at the moment?

Keep your chin up girl. I'm sending you lots of hugs and love.

Rebirth xx

Back