• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fill today

Has my gastric band operation four months ago
Its a fourteen mill band, I had 3 mls first fill and 2 mls second fill and today was given another one ml
I have only lost 1 lb in the last month and feel today was a waste of my time
At SRH you can only have your fill on a tuesday afternoon, this is difficult for me
Today I took a day off work, got the bus for the first time in twenty years (issue with car) and all for 1 ml
I have no restriction what so ever and I am mighty
fed up its going to take me another three months to get up to nine mls, I think I may ring the hospital tomorrow and query this decision :mad:

My provider told me that most people start to feel restriction from 5ml so they only put small amounts in at that stage as they don't want to overfill and have to do a defill, it sounds like your provider may think in the same way. It could be worth speaking to your team to ask for an earlier fill, but they might suggest you wait a couple of weeks to allow your tummy to settle. Then again I may be wrong (I usually am lol).

Btw you've done really well, 38lb in 4 months is great xx

hey I had 5ml and then 6.4ml but found 6.4 was too much as I couldn't even keep water down so before leaving the hospital had to have it reduced to 6ml so little differences in my case can make a difference

Hope you get the restriction you need soon. I'm going for my fourth fill tomorrow and hoping it is going to be just enough this time!

Back