• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back from Hosp & no fill :(

BandyEmm

hey all not long back from the hospital and im the same weight as i was in october :( BUT i have been more active with sports etc.

I couldnt have a fill as i have acid reflux so i have a drs appointment on Tuesday for some medication to help this.

When ive been on the meds for a few weeks i can email the nurse for a possible fill.

Does anyone else suffer with Acid reflux

Xx

I do - but Mr Ammori suggested that I take fastab or omeprozole as a long term solution after my banding.

Emm is yor band too tight maybe...

I found this info..you went thru a bad stage of vomitting if I remember....

Vomiting or Acid Reflux

Patients occasionally vomit or feel pain after food intake. This can be caused either by poor eating behaviour ie too large a quantity or not chewing, or by the narrowing of the band following the injection of fluid into the balloon. By eating slowly and calmly. Chew thoroughly and eat slowly .You will learn to listen to the signals from your stomach. Regular vomiting or reflux is definitely a warning sign. In such cases, the amount of liquid in your band may need to be reduced.

Ive been told to take omeprozole aswell, She said it can be a common thing what banders suffer

I have only had this a few times ( 3 day period) and that was down too the vitamins I was taking, Stopped taking em on day for and happy too report no further acid.....Happy days , Hope u get it sorted asap xxx

I wasn't told it was common, I was told it can be a sympton that might mean things are not quite right.

Things mentioned to me were acid reflux can be a sign of ulcers from vomitting too much on the band.

Might be worth getting them to check, a tight band may also explain no weight loss.

Oh this was my question
Caz - yes I was also read it could be a sign there is a problem.
I had a fill 2 weeks ago and have also been sick quite alot.
I do to see the dietician next week I will ask him.
xxx

Back