• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back from surgeons appointment (CX)

zns

Well that was rather non eventful, appointment only lasted about 10 minutes! The good news is my op is approved!! :D I didnt get a date though only a vague '2-3 months'. I wasnt expecting to not have a 1-1 that was a bit weird and very embarassing for the lady sharing my appointment who had to talk about womens surgery she had had with me and my husband in the room, poor thing. But I guess it means that they can see more people in a day which is a good thing.

Other good news is I have actually lost 3kg since my last appointment even though Ive been what I thought was really bad! My BP was the best its been while there too (the long journey and the stress of the london traffic riles me up).

So next appointment will be to see the dietician and the anesthesiologist (sp) By the sounds of it my preop diet will be for 6 weeks as my BMI is over 50 :cry:

Congratulations on the go ahead. Boo hiss to six weeks pre op diet tho :( :(

Still the end result will be worth it xx

Glad you appointment is over and done with and good luck for a date soon.

However, I think it is disgusting that you had to share your appointment, whatever next.:eek:

Glad it went well.
The long pre-op diet is hard but so worth it as it gets you in the right mind set for the eating post-op.
Hope you soon get a date x

I read and reread your post as I have never heard of anyone sharing an appointment. I wonder if they would try that with non obese people? It's disgusting. Words fail me.

Yay, operation 'go ahead'...even if you couldn't pin 'em down to an exact date! Cheers for the heads up about the 'group' appointment...weird but I (grudgingly) suppose I see the logic...I think you may have another appointment yet before the op to meet the surgeon which probably will be a 1-on-1...but woohoo, another step closer!

Well done! Really please for you.....My op got approved today too - at Chichester. I bet you're grinning like a cheshire cat like me lol xx

Wow, never heard of sharing an appointment with a doctor.

Glad you've been approved - hopefully you won't have to wait too long xx

hi zns

well done on your date ..where are you having your op done??
not heard of group appointments other than the first group meeting which is onlyto tell you about surgeries
:D

I'm confused and somewhat surprised that you had to share an appointment. Was it with the surgeon? Will you be under Olbers or Ahmed? At least you know that you are penciled in for sometime soon. The pre-op diet sounds long but I assume it will be the low-cal/carb/fat diet which is really not that bad after the 1st few days. xx

group meetings ....how awful
but well done on getting another step nearer

Well that was rather non eventful, appointment only lasted about 10 minutes! The good news is my op is approved!! :D I didnt get a date though only a vague '2-3 months'. I wasnt expecting to not have a 1-1 that was a bit weird and very embarassing for the lady sharing my appointment who had to talk about womens surgery she had had with me and my husband in the room, poor thing. But I guess it means that they can see more people in a day which is a good thing.

Other good news is I have actually lost 3kg since my last appointment even though Ive been what I thought was really bad! My BP was the best its been while there too (the long journey and the stress of the london traffic riles me up).

So next appointment will be to see the dietician and the anesthesiologist (sp) By the sounds of it my preop diet will be for 6 weeks as my BMI is over 50 :cry:

Im glad you are over your appointment and I must say I am surprised it was a joint appointment. Never mind you are on the list now. I was also told that I needed to be on the pre-op diet for six weeks (which was over the christmas period).

This is just a suggestion but it might help to speed things up. I rang the dietitican (easier to get hold of then Karen and if you want her email address PM me) and asked her to send me the diet sheet, as I was worried that it would hold things up waiting to see her and then having to do six weeks on the diet before surgery. The dietitican was very happy to obliged and it defintely made everything go faster.

Keep us updated on your progress

That's a very good idea, Butterfly - Jo, the Dietitian, is really helpful and obliging xx

Back