• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bad reflux tonight - what can i take

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Have got bad reflux tonight, can feel food coming up - do take 2 x lansoprazol but just bad tonight - any advice xx

I started having bad reflux problems and went to my doctor who told me that instead of taking just one Omeprazole tablet a day to increase it to two and take them 12 hours apart. It seems to have done the trick for me as I have only had it once in the past month. My surgeon was surprised and kept saying that acid reflux wouldn't happen because of the way my digestive system has been rearranged but didn't seem to understand when I explained that it wasn't acid that was coming back up but actual partly digested food. It is really nasty when it happens and I hope you get it sorted out Bex hun. Might be worth asking your doctor to switch to Omeprazole or something similar to see if it does the trick :)

Thanks got my 6 week check up tomorrow so will ask, what's different between omeprazol and lasoperzol x

ive just spoken to dietitian at blackpool spire and they want me to go to see mr kerriigan tomorrow at liverpool, i wish i'd never mentioned the reflux thought they would just say ok take this or that and the only thing i have once a day is ranitidine which is supposed to last 24 hrs .

Hi Angie, do you get it bad, let me know how you get on hun x

Hope the reflux settles down Bex. Sometimes warm milk helps or warm water with a few drops of peppermint.

Thanks hun, its not too bad tonight, will have some warm milk in min, hope your well xxx

i think i've sorted it out now i've added another pillow in bed so i'm not lying so flat x bloody stomach still talking to itself though :)

Thanks got my 6 week check up tomorrow so will ask, what's different between omeprazol and lasoperzol x

Apparently there is only a slight difference between the 2, or any of the same class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. There is some evidence that lanzoprazole works slightly quicker than omeprazole, and that the lansoprazole treated groups, in studies, also showed increased sustained resolution of symptoms. They are both better than ranitidine though.

Am on Lasoperazol and dont seem to do much - is there anything else i can take x

Back