• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reflux pain

Karen19745

Hi I'm 21 weeks post op, I've being getting really bad reflux pain for about 3 hours, I take lansoprazole everyday, I have took tums tablets, drank milk but it's getting worse. I don't know what I'm allowed to take or do

Hi Karen, don't know much of your surgery but I would definitely speak to your team, maybe they need to either change the lansoprazole or increase the dose, I know some surgeons say drinking milk can actually make symptoms worse as it stimulates the production of more gastric juice!
Sorry cant be more of a help but I'm sure someone will respond soon x

Yes Karen I would ring and ask if you could take 2 tablets instead of one until it settles. Lady I look after has bad acid reflux to the point of vomiting coffee brown blood and all they do in hospital is double dose till it settles. Hope it goes soon x

Try indigestion relief tablets that contain RANITIDINE
My hubby(who suffers really bad reflux) was recomended these by our GP and he always has some on him now
They cost about £1-£1.50 for 12 for the supermarkets own brand Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys stock them by the indigestion products on the medicine aisle
HTH

Hi I rang my team, they said take another lansoprozale but if the pain gets worse go to A&E. The pain was unbearable so my boyfriend took me in to hospital last night, I was in really bad pain in my stomach and chest, they gave me a scan this morning cos they thought I had Gaul stones, but I haven't so they're gonna give me a CT scan tomorrow to see if I have a blockage in my new stomach x

Glad you sought advice from your team, hopefully the scan will be ok and not a blockage but something that won't need more surgery. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on, hopefully they're giving you plenty of painkillers x

Aw Karen, sorry you are having a bad time, hon. :sigh: Fingers crossed for a quick resolution. Will be thinking of you, babe xxx :):)

Hi I rang my team, they said take another lansoprozale but if the pain gets worse go to A&E. The pain was unbearable so my boyfriend took me in to hospital last night, I was in really bad pain in my stomach and chest, they gave me a scan this morning cos they thought I had Gaul stones, but I haven't so they're gonna give me a CT scan tomorrow to see if I have a blockage in my new stomach x
Really hope things settle down soon x

Karen19745 said:
Hi I'm 21 weeks post op, I've being getting really bad reflux pain for about 3 hours, I take lansoprazole everyday, I have took tums tablets, drank milk but it's getting worse. I don't know what I'm allowed to take or do

Hi , I was the same and still am as soon as I eat I feel just as you are . I now take fast tabs morning and night. I'm 7 months out so hope it stops soon . But maybe someone else will be along to advise you more I just didn't want you to feel alone !

Back