• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad taste at back of throat

yapper1901

Since Monday I have had a real bad taste at the back of my throat.
Just wondering if this is something bypass related its awful tried brushing teeth chewing gum nothing helps.

When did you have your op?? You could have a throat infection... i would take a visit to your docs so they can have a look at your throat x

Raynebubble said:
When did you have your op?? You could have a throat infection... i would take a visit to your docs so they can have a look at your throat x

It's been about 9 months.
I was thinking it may not be related to the surgery. It's just weird it's such a horrible taste

I have also been struggling eating. Only managing scrambled eggs. Anything else gives me that horrible full feeling

do you have a sore throat? Sometimes if you have an abcess in your tooth or gums that can give a nasty taste in your throat too. I would suggest again.. go to the docs tmro xx

Raynebubble said:
do you have a sore throat? Sometimes if you have an abcess in your tooth or gums that can give a nasty taste in your throat too. I would suggest again.. go to the docs tmro xx

Cheers will make a appointment.
It's weird how i think everything is bypass
It's probally just a throat infection

Im only 13 weeks post op... but had a bad water infection just after op and a few weeks later a sickness bug... and i was the same..its a bit worrying as its a major op and i think it takes our heads a long while to get back to normal again and not blame everything on the bypass lol.
Keep us updated hun and let us know how you get on at docs xx

Could be cattarh(sp)septic tonsils,bad teeth or gingivitis(gum disease)Gp will be best.Maz x

Thanks everyone for advice will keep you all updated. Probally just a throat infection been feeling run down the last week or so.

I had that too, I went to the docs & was told I had ketones in my wee due to low carb diet, I also had a urine infection hope you get it sorted soon x x

ooh i like i when my diagnoses are correct... sorry im training to become a nurse.. hope your better soon hun xx

Back