• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bitterness

zetacatty

A loser at last!
Hi all. Twice since my op I have woken in the night with a vile bitter taste in my mouth. Its so bad I have to dash to the bathroom to glug some water. The bitterness seems to burn the back of my throat and it makes me cough. Surely it can't be bile - can it? As it has only happened twice I can't see a pattern but now I'm scared of laying flat in case it happens again - it's truly dreadful.:eek: Has anyone else had this? Mxx

I have had a similar experience for the last 2 mornings. I've woken to with the feeling I'm bringing up water, just a slightly bitter taste. I thought it may be acid reflux. I use to have acid reflux occasionally before op & it was a lot worse than this. Will speak to my dr about it.

Pinky xx

Hi all. Twice since my op I have woken in the night with a vile bitter taste in my mouth. Its so bad I have to dash to the bathroom to glug some water. The bitterness seems to burn the back of my throat and it makes me cough. Surely it can't be bile - can it? As it has only happened twice I can't see a pattern but now I'm scared of laying flat in case it happens again - it's truly dreadful.:eek: Has anyone else had this? Mxx

Hey Zeta :)

Are you still taking your lanzoprazole? and if you are what dosage. if you havent taken it this may be what is causing it or if the dose is too low. it does sound a bit liek reflux but you should go see your doc or ring the wl people

havent seen you post in a while nice to see your still around :)

XXx

I used to have the ultimate dry mouth when i was newly post op but wasnt a bitter taste!

Have you recently changed tooth pastes or dental products?

Marion have you recently stopped your fast tab? I know Walsall only prescribe them for 4 weeks, and I had a very similar experience and when I saw my GP it was put to down to acid. Do you get like a funny feeling of your pouch filling from the bottom upwards before you get the bitter taste. If it happens again book in to see the GP and ask for some more fast tab or lanzoperole and see if that works. x

Aye aye - Im still on the lansoprazole and will be on them for life - sounds like acid reflux....get in touch with your surgical team...cant hurt?

Good luck

Sal x

Thanks for your replies - it's definately not acid reflux - I've had that before. I'm still taking Lansoprazole because I got the doctor to precribe some more. I don't know about a sensation in my pouch Terri because the bitterness has woken me up from a deep sleep. As it's not all that common I'll have a word with my GP when I see him in a couple of weeks. Its a bit of a mystery! Thanks again - what would I do without you? Mxx

Back