• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Burping!

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Lol sorry for title, but its exactly what I want to talk about!

Im on the pre-op milk diet.....No foods allowed, just milk, fluids, one salty drink or marmite and im allowed jelly....

And all of these things are making me want to burp!

I tried a (salty) stock cube earlier today - french onion organic one....was not bad at all in hot water, a bit like a cuppa soup...but woooooo....burps! and the taste wont go away....

Ive tried my milk with crusha milkshake in it....

Even had a jelly - but nothing....

I tried brushing my teeth even!

Yesterday I felt like a baby who needed winding after having too much milk! lol
:8855:

Change in diet affects your system & there's side effects...like excess wind....I got oral thrush which was horrible too. Sounds normal to me xxx

LOL Tracybee.....Thanks for that, something to look forward too!

Mrspill - ohhh oral thrush - not nice....

Oh Geeeeez...Im post op now, and the burping and farting is worst than ever lol...And it hurts so bad....walking about does help though....

I keep apologizing to my partner and he laughs at me and says its ok, its expected.

Oh Geeeeez...Im post op now, and the burping and farting is worst than ever lol...And it hurts so bad....walking about does help though....

I keep apologizing to my partner and he laughs at me and says its ok, its expected.

Yep, same here! :D

Glad you have an understanding partner. Am also glad I am single and on my own for most of this journey .... don't know what excuses I might have to start coming up with when I return to work and my sleeve starts gurgling and burping !!! :D

Glad you have an understanding partner. Am also glad I am single and on my own for most of this journey .... don't know what excuses I might have to start coming up with when I return to work and my sleeve starts gurgling and burping !!! :D

I just think of it like this - We all do it, but with Gastric surgery done, we do it a bit more -one of the downsides...but its not that bad is it...theres worst things that a downside could be :)

I get a fair bit of gurgling with a very small amount of burping.

As far as flatulence I get a 99% less than before.

I am putting this down to the fact that I am no longer drinking Sugar free lemonade....

Im getting used to burping now lol....if I walk about after I eat, they come up easily :)

Ooooh can't wait for the super big burps and farts!
I have an 11 year old sister and a 9 year old daughter and they could out gross anyone with the huge rude noises they make....it will be so much fun to get one up on them! :8855:

Is there anything I can take post-op for this burping and gas...its hurting somewhat!

oh the joys of weight loss surgery, hows it going now hope your sorting the wind out it don't go away i dont no why, but i still get it after 11 week,
sorted the pic out thanks,you still playing word games lol

Tried some peppermint tea...hasnt shifted it....tried bouncing on the spot....got my partner to pat my back...nope that wind isnt coming up or out grrrrr

May have a go at the word game later...watching a tv show right now Al...

But yeah, apart from the wind, im doing ok...still sore, tender and aching...but pain is much lesser :)

I detest pepper mint tea! I tried so hard to just sip a little but even without pain and nausea from an op to manage there was no way I could swallow it. If you find anything that helps please post it!

Time unfortunately. Deflating helps a little as does painkillers. Hot water bottles as well lemon and ginger tea if you can't abide peppermint might be an option. And sipping really slowly.

Back