• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bag is packed - ready and waiting....

Purple Sparkle

101 things to do with milk and yoghurt :)

Day 1 of the pre-op diet - operation booked for 28th May.

The realisation has set in today that this is the first day of the next chapter of my life. After being a yo-yo dieter for last 20 years, as well as the fattest diet expert that I know, it is time for the new me to say hello to you all :D

I have read so many posts that have really helped - top_kat and flutterby1966 - you are amazing :)

So, going back to the title of this post - how is everyone doing with the milk and yoghurts? I am trying to have 6 milky coffees spread throughout the day with plenty of water in between. Have not had a yoghurt yet, trying to save them til later in the day if possible.

Also trying to keep busy to pass the time - the house will be spotless by the time I go in for operation at this rate.

Anyway - time for my next milky coffee, so catch up with you all later.

Justine x

Good luck ... Reckon if you cam get through the milk diet, you can achieve anything :rolleyes:

For me the milk diet was just that, five pints of milk, a sugar free jelly and an oxo cube nothing else!!

I am allowed 3 pints of milk and 2 low fat yoghurts - that's it!

x

Day 5 nearly done :) excited and nervous and emotional!! But 8lb lighter!

Hi everyone

Going OK so far, half way through and on countdown to next Tuesday, anyone else being banded next week?

I am feeling very weak though, been out and about today and I feel shattered. Trying to remember to drink enough water to avoid headaches - have ended up setting my alarm on my phone to prompt me :)

Nerves are starting to kick in I think, I know they are natural, but it's not a nice feeling. I swing from excitement to shaking with fear within the space of an hour - also feeling tearful - I put it down to lack of food although after 5 days on milk and yoghurt's I weighed myself and I have lost 8 pounds - even that made me cry - lol - I am losing the plot I think !;)

Anyway, ramble over - time for another milky coffee and yoghurt!

Have a good evening everyone

Justine x

Hi everyone

Going OK so far, half way through and on countdown to next Tuesday, anyone else being banded next week?

I am feeling very weak though, been out and about today and I feel shattered. Trying to remember to drink enough water to avoid headaches - have ended up setting my alarm on my phone to prompt me :)

Nerves are starting to kick in I think, I know they are natural, but it's not a nice feeling. I swing from excitement to shaking with fear within the space of an hour - also feeling tearful - I put it down to lack of food although after 5 days on milk and yoghurt's I weighed myself and I have lost 8 pounds - even that made me cry - lol - I am losing the plot I think !;)

Anyway, ramble over - time for another milky coffee and yoghurt!

Have a good evening everyone

Justine x

Hello you, I am on first day out of hospital was banded on Tuesday, the milk diet bit is quite hard, I was v weak and tearful when I was on it, it will get a bit easier, but you have to just remember that it will get you where you need to be , I was extremely nervous and anxious, totally pathetic but I got through it with the help of all the lovely people on here, corny but true, hope you are doing okay, gems x

Hi Gems

Thanks for your reply xx How are you feeling after your op? Were you in hospital for 1 or 2 nights?

I have had better day today - been a positive one and I have been really excited about the next part of the journey. You are right - this site is so good - really informative and seeing the achievements is really inspiring. I hope that in next few month I can help support people as much as I feel I have been.

Take care

Justine xx

Hi Gems

Thanks for your reply xx How are you feeling after your op? Were you in hospital for 1 or 2 nights?

I have had better day today - been a positive one and I have been really excited about the next part of the journey. You are right - this site is so good - really informative and seeing the achievements is really inspiring. I hope that in next few month I can help support people as much as I feel I have been.

Take care

Justine xx

Hi Justine, glad to hear that today has been more positive, it will be okay, it seems hard but it will be worth it, it helps when it comes to the surgery, my surgeon said it had made a big difference, so worth it in the end, and I lost about 12lb so that was a good start. I was in hospital for just one night, am sore and a little nervous about eating but am feeling okay, even went for a 5 minute walk around today!

Hang in there, it will be worth it, gems x

Hi Justine, glad to hear that today has been more positive, it will be okay, it seems hard but it will be worth it, it helps when it comes to the surgery, my surgeon said it had made a big difference, so worth it in the end, and I lost about 12lb so that was a good start. I was in hospital for just one night, am sore and a little nervous about eating but am feeling okay, even went for a 5 minute walk around today!

Hang in there, it will be worth it, gems x

Hi again Gems - how are you doing? Are you still sore or is it a little better today?

Have stuck to milk and yoghurt again today - 3 more days to go til OP day!! Giddy again today as it was last day at work - just got to get through bank holiday now - will be different to usual ones as the normally involve drink and food and this weekend looks like BBQ weather, but I will be strong! lol :)

Can't wait to get on that losers bench I keep hearing about. :D

Hope you are ok

Justine x

7 days down, 3 to go - nerves kicking in!

Morning everyone

Awake at 7am on a Saturday - what's all that about? Nerves I think. Went to bed all giddy and excited about Tuesday, but have woken up shaking at the thought of it. Mood swings are a right pain in the bum! :sigh:

Am thinking the next 3 days will be tough - I have been ok whilst at work - mind occupied, but 3 days at home on a bank hol weekend is going to be a challenge. On a positive note our house is like a shiny new pin - I have been cleaning and sorting every time to ignore my rumbling tummy and keep busy. Also started to sort out my 'big' clothes ready to have an e-bay frenzy to get rid of them.

Going to start packing my overnight bag as well - already got my windeeze as recommended by so many people on here. Anyone got any other ideas of how to fill my time? lol

This forum is amazing - the posts have helped so much when I have been having a 'wobbly' moment and thinking 'am I doing the right thing' and reading the advice from people who have been banded is reassuring, inspirational and comforting all at the same time. I have read Flutterby1966 and Jo28172 stories from the start ( I am not a stalker - honest) - you are amazing.

So, here's to a good weekend - only 3 more sleeps to OP day!! Eeeeeeek!! :wave_cry:

Justine x

good luck! Had my band last monday and am nearly back tonormal now. Everyone has those last minute doubts but this is normal. It will be here before you know it x

Good luck with it chuck, it will be fine, nerves are natural but your team will have done a proper assessment of your case and they will have the skills they need to make it as east and comfortable for you as they can.

Good luck again though the surgical team negate the need for luck, they rely on skill x

Thanks Jaynel and Karlos xx

Have calmed down a bit now after cleaning oven - never realised that domestic chores could be therapeutic lol

Off out to enjoy a bit of sunshine now.

Have a great day

x

Good luck, will be having mine on the 10th of June.

I will be starting my Pre op diet on Monday as my surgery is on the 10th of June. Hope I will be s determined and focused as some u guys.

Mine will be slim fast and muller light yoghurt for two weeks. I am hoping to get through and praying for strengthen

Day 9 in the milk and yoghurt house!

Hi everyone.

Nearly at the end of the 10 day diet - whoop whoop! Not quite mooing yet and hopefully not grown any udders, but think I am going a bit doo-lally! Even the dogs tea looks very appetizing!

Anyhow, on a positive note I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 16 pounds - I know a lot of it is water the diet is to shrink my liver but it's a massive boost to see a lower figure on the scales.

Hope everyone is having a good bank holiday - sun is shining in Yorkshire today so going to have an iced milky coffee and freeze my yoghurt this afternoon - I know -check me out - living on the edge! :D

Justine xx

Hi everyone'

1 more sleep til my op - so excited and ready for it. Not got to be there til 12 tomorrow but I am ready now :D - not sure how I will sleep tonight

Last 10 days have seemed to drag, but you guys and this forum have helped pass the time and I feel I have learned so much from you all that I feel 100% prepared and ready for the next chapter of my life to start.

So a MASSIVE thanks to you all and can you kindly make some room on that losers bench for me please ;)

Justine xx

Back