• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BluewooFedUp Pre Op Diary

I'm also determined to be good on my diet, even when my husband cooks a bar-b-que for his mum's birthday (and there will be cake and trifle) and I'm determined NOT to have any!

Pre-Op Day 6 - Thursday July 24, 2014
135.40kg ... ok, interesting….

Breakfast

:coffee:
Starbucks - Dark Roast Coffee, 1 serving 5
Truvia - Truvia, 1 packet 0
Alpro Soya Light - Soya Milk Light, 250 ml 55

Lunch
Marmite with hot water 4g 9
Muller Light Mischevious Milk Chocolate Dessert 1 pot 99
Muller Light Greek Style Coconut & Vanilla Yoghurt 120 g 86

Dinner
Muller Light - Mysterious Mint Chocolate Dessert (Frozen), 100 g 99
Muller Light Strawberry 175g 89

Snacks
Alpro Soya Strawberry & Rhubarb Yoghurt 200g 148
Muller - Light Greek Style Luscious Lemon Yoghurt, 1 Pot 83

Totals 673
Remaining 127

Drinks / Water / no added sugar squash - 9 glasses

:read:
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto – this is getting boring .
I’m trying to sort out the CD’s into order, that shows how bored I am BUT I’m not sticking my head in the fridge or freezer thinking “what can I eat”.
Tried the Orange and Peach; Strawberry flavoured water, :yuk: another lot going to Hubby – this is getting silly.

I’m so disappointed with the Marmite drink it just didn’t live up to my expectations. I’m in the Love :heartpump: Marmite camp.

I can't believe that I've just asked what the lovely aroma was. It was the cat food, Rabbit in gravy.... what is my world coming to :crazy:

hang on in there pre-0ppers - it will be so worth it. My op went really well and I was allowed to go home yesterday evening. A little bit groggy and sore and more than a tadge windy but fine other than that.

Chrisy
x

hang on in there pre-0ppers - it will be so worth it. My op went really well and I was allowed to go home yesterday evening. A little bit groggy and sore and more than a tadge windy but fine other than that. Chrisy x
That's great to hear, Chrisy! Yeah, the wind sucks :/ I'm on day 5 now and still suffering with it at times. Make sure that you take your laxatives if you were prescribed any, though. They do help to pass the wind a bit too!

Pre-Op Day 7 – Friday July 25, 2014
135.00kg ... This is my 10% target….

Breakfast

Lunch
Rachels Organic Low Fat Raspberry Rapture Raspberry & Blueberry 120g 106
Muller Light Greek Style Coconut & Vanilla Yoghurt (Frozen) 120 g 86

Dinner
Muller - Light Fat Free Peach & Pineapple Yogurt, 175 gram 89

Snacks
Muller Light Lemon Cheesecake Flavour Yoghurt 1 pot 99
Alpro Soya Light - Soya Milk Light, 66

Totals 704
Remaining 96

Drinks / Water / no added sugar squash - 8 glasses

:read:
Whoo I’ve hit my 10% target of 135kg :woohoo:

I had a really bad head towards lunchtime, then realised I hadn’t eaten any yoghurt or had any drinks since breakfast coffee DOH! Getting bored of yoghurt and trying to ring the changes with flavours although Hubby is ending up with a few that I really don’t like, Cherry anyone??

I know this is my pre op diary but I had a call from Hubby at lunchtime and couldn’t hear what he was saying. He eventually managed to get through and said he’d had a bad turn when he was on his own. He’s about 6 weeks after a laparoscopic fundoplication; he was like a whippet before let alone now! He had stomach pains which doubled him up, unable to walk and retching – not good. Left if for a bit to settle down before ringing me! So the GP saw him as soon as he managed to get back, he hasn’t torn anything just one of those things that is sent to try him or as I’d say “bite him on the bum”!

So limited as my cooking is now, I drop things quite stylishly, I offered to do him a baked spud, beans and grated cheese. Good old fashioned comfort food which should take ages to eat and slow him down. I couldn’t believe it, no picking of cheese not one little grated bit :angel09: I’m chuffed as it didn’t really bother me. I just wanted to make sure that Hubby got some food and felt better.

That's great to hear, Chrisy! Yeah, the wind sucks :/ I'm on day 5 now and still suffering with it at times. Make sure that you take your laxatives if you were prescribed any, though. They do help to pass the wind a bit too!
Thank you - that's a great idea.

Chrisy x

Pre-Op Day 8 Saturday July 26, 2014
134.90kg

Breakfast

Lunch
Alpro Soya Light Yoghurt – Lemon & Lime 125g 96

Dinner - Carvery
Turkey 160g 258
Sage & Onion Stuffing 30g 110
Carrots Sliced 40g 16
Roasted squash 175g 100
Broccoli 30g 20
Cauliflower Cheese 40g 17
1 small roast potato 30g 77
Horseradish 15g 45
Beef & Onion Gravy 1 serving 6
Soda water with lime slices 500m; 0
Calories = 641

Snacks – not needed

Totals 896
Went over by 96 cals
:eek:

Drinks / Water / no added sugar squash - 10 glasses

Today was the day I’d been planning for with one of the team dietician. Friends I hadn’t seen for 2 years were coming up from Cornwall for a long weekend and we were going out for a meal. Although this is pre op diet styleee went a bit off plan with the stuffing and potato :eek:. Although I have counted all the calories I took my time, chewed it to bits and left food on my plate.

I was going to ave a Chicken Salad but looked on their website for nutrition information and found that their House Chicken Salad with Turkey Carvery was 868, and the Chicken Cesar salad was 736 – :confused: this seems backwards to me that a salad is more calorific than a carvery meal???????

So forward planning is the key and I’m getting a bit more understanding of what is in my meals. So on the water for the rest of the evening as I’m hot and bothered. I’m certainly not hungry….

Pre-Op Day 10 Monday July 28, 2014
134.40kg

Breakfast

Lunch

Rachels Organic Low Fat Strawberry yoghurt 150g x 2 164
Ikea Coffee 12oz 5
Milk reduced fat 2% milk 1fl oz 15

Dinner
Muller Light Mandarin Yoghurt 175g 95
Muller Light Strawberry Yoghurt 175g 89

Snacks
Alpro light Soya 300ml 66 (warmed up)

Total 494
Remaining 306

:rant2:
Crappity morning – had my pre op – felt like a production line and no privacy. Given conflicting information for taking medication on day of surgery! Wasn’t weighed at all.
Had bloods taken and went across to speciality team as I couldn’t get hold of anyone on Friday. No one there, receptionist wasn’t exactly forthcoming but ended up letting Hubby use phone, spoke to secretary. Ended up getting wound up, went to the loo and saw the scales. So logic said to me weigh myself, we do it on support group nights. Oh No, Receptionist came out and spoke to me like a 5 year old and told me off, at that point I wanted out. They can stuff their hospital had enough of miscommunication today. So got out of there pretty quickly and burst into tears :cry: I cannot stand miscommunication :mad:

So my eating went out of the window today, wasn’t interested. BUT on a good note I didn’t aim for my comfort food (which would be savoury) – BUT didn’t eat enough…

So cheesed off all round

Hiya, hope you are feeling better today..

Dont worry about being weighed yesterday, they will weight you on sat when you go in. I was weighed on the day of the op. If you have any issue, ring Jo, the bariatric co-ordinator. Menon secretary is a witch, unhelpful sad woman...lol

Hiya, hope you are feeling better today..

Dont worry about being weighed yesterday, they will weight you on sat when you go in. I was weighed on the day of the op. If you have any issue, ring Jo, the bariatric co-ordinator. Menon secretary is a witch, unhelpful sad woman...lol

Thanks Jan

Today is still the same :confused:

Unfortunately Jo is on emergency Annual Leave and no one else in the team seems to be returning my Hubbys calls. If I speak to anyone I'm likely to either snap their head off or burst into tears. My GP is concerned that my Naproxen is not being stopped prior to the op due to increase of bleeding (I hemorrhaged in a previous OP) and I can't get to speak to anyone.

If it's like this on Saturday I'll just walk straight out as I need to trust the people there.

When you go in on sat, Menon and the anesthesiologist will come and speak to you before surgery. You will be weighed, blood pressure etc... You will get the opportunity to ask the doctor any questions. It did reassure me.
The pre op on the monday is like cattle being pushed through..
Dont worry too much, just take all your medication as normal.
If you cant get through Jo, tried Neha one of the bariatric dietician. She is the best one there and will find out any answers for you xx

When you go in on sat, Menon and the anesthesiologist will come and speak to you before surgery. You will be weighed, blood pressure etc... You will get the opportunity to ask the doctor any questions. It did reassure me.
The pre op on the monday is like cattle being pushed through..
Dont worry too much, just take all your medication as normal.
If you cant get through Jo, tried Neha one of the bariatric dietician. She is the best one there and will find out any answers for you xx

Thanks Jan
I'll try Neha as well as Louise
Thanks for letting me know what to expect
x

Pre-Op Day 11 Tuesday July 29, 2014
133.60kg

Breakfast

Lunch
Muller - Mango & Passionfruit Yogurt 175g 93
Muller Light Mandarin Yoghurt 175g 95
Chicken Bovril 12g 16

Dinner
Muller Light Lemon Cheesecake Flavour Yoghurt 165g 101
Muller Light Strawberry 175g 89

Snacks
Morrisons Low Fat Natural Yogurt 125g 93
Marmite 1g 2

Total 549

Remaining 251

Nightmares early this morning – great start to the day. Having a pain flare up and now this! Bah Humbug :(

Back