• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bah! Made a drink

I had my first one done through them they were very helpful and i lost nine stones but three years later had to have it removed as it wS cutting into my stomach and I nearly died. Since then have put eight of the stones back on and just got funding and awaiting an appointment for another one as I'm so depressed about my size. Are you still on liquids?

It's not easy having a band but in the end it's worth it when you've lost the weight get some confidence, healthy and being able to choose any clothes you like! Did you have to pay privately?

Unfortunately yes :(

I tried to get nhs but they turned me down as not needy enough after 12 months of going to clinic. I developed type 2 diabetes and my gp (who suggested to me go to for a band) said I would go up the priority list and was going to recommend me again but when I went for my next appointment the rules had changed yet again and I needed a bmi of 50 and I was 40. Couldn't really afford the op but could my health afford not to??????

When I had my band it was £8k and even though it had to be removed in oct 09 I'm still pAying for it! Since mine was removed I've been going to drs and tried every diet and tablets but now my bmi is 41 and I got just funding approved at the end of April and I do not have high blood pressure and illness so I'm surprised you couldn't get funding??

I know, I was disappointed. There must be so many people in my region wanting WLS that they have to prioritise. My gp says it's madness as my diabetes is costing £1000 a month!

It's a pain you are still paying for the op. It's a shame whoever your provider was wouldn't put you a new band in for free.

I am in Worcester, Worcestershire. About 40 minutes from Dolan Park. I chose them as I had a gastric balloon with them in 2004 and although I put the weight back on after I had it taken out, I was more than happy with their service.

Back