• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHAT IS THIS HOLLOW FEELING!

sugga

Hi all, I dont think this is such a probem but im finding that im still feeling a bit hungry after iv eated my pureed food.
Its not that im hungry, its a hollow feeling and having a drink doesnt help me.
I suppose iv spent a life time stuffing my face and eating whenever i like so maybe its habit.

Is this head hunger that im experiencing?

I only eat till im comfortably full at each meal. Iv got another 8 days on the pureed stage then onto soft/crispy stage.

Is anyone else like this? or has anyone been like this?

Im 12 days post op today.

Would appreciate some advise on this please. Thank you. xxxx

Reactions: Bev
Andrea... I have a little snack ( a babybell light ) or a cheese triangle or some mashed banana in between meals... and I feel fine with it... maybe you are just getting ready for your next stage... yoghurts also kept me going in between meals with just a few mouthfuls now and then.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Andrea, I had the sleeve rather than the bypass which might explain the lack of hunger. For me I would say the hollow feeling is just know that my stomache isn't digesting anything and what I'd eaten has passed into the small intestines. I know that it still feels empty/hollow when I've drank water or squash a couple of hours after eating my meal but when I have a drink containing milk eg tea or coffee, the emptyness seems to disappear.

Hope this helps, it may just be a difference from the surgerys and Bevs advice about a small snack seems great.

Hi Andrea, my dietician told me to eat small amounts frequently as you're pouch isn't able to hold a lot at this stage. She advised me in the early days to eat at least 3hrly. Like Bev I used to have a yoghurt, milky drink or custard to help. It also made sure that you were getting your proteins in.

i feel hollow sometimes! its my new 'hunger'. Not sure how its going to work out but i have a little something (yoghurt etc) when i get it. Its weird but doesnt affect my day x

hope ya getting on ok sugga xxxx

I get a hollow feeling sometimes too....I dont think its hunger although when I have it I question myself if it is hunger, maybe its just a different way the stomach feels after surgery? Im not too sure to be honest! XX

i know exactly what you mean andrea, and a hot drink will help it a lot, thats what i do when it happens to me, i get it, but know its not hunger, and a hot drink somehow takes it away. plus like someone else said, your probably getting ready for your next stage now, so stick with it and youll feel better soon. big hugs xx

Hi andrea I know what you mean u get that empty feeling bout 1 and half hrs after I've eaten, so I just eat little and often I find the morning the best as when I get up I have a hot drink and I don't eat breakfast till bout 10 ish then lunch at 12.30 and a snack in the afternoon then tea then a snack at bout 8.30 ish then a Horlicks light with milk just before bed time coz that feelin would stop me from sleeping
Hope I've been helpful
Good luck xx

Back