• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band discomfort

julieann

For the last week i have noticed every now and then a stitch like pain around the port area and roughly where the band is. I'm not aware of it all of the time and its not an unbearable pain, just discomfort. Have any other banders had this and even though i,m three months post op could it be that i'm still healing. I would be grateful for any feedback pls. julie

I am having the same thing, like uncomfortable twinges..I think its where our bodies are changing underneath...less fat and muscles changing.

I am going to ask my surgeon when I see him on 23rd Feb.

I posted about this a while ago, but I saw my Consultant about this as I was in a lot of discomfort. Its because you have less subcontaneous fat around the port and it is moving slightly under your skin.
I shall type that again for you as when he said it I asked him to repeat it!! Less Subcontaneous fat!!! Woo Hoo!
It is normal and will settle down...mine is fine now and Ive since lost 5 stone 4 lbs.

Im seeing the wls team on saturday and will ask then, but it seems that we have all got or had this discomfort at some time or other so maybe it is just part of the healing process. julie

Back