• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op band help please

darrin

Hi had my band fitted yesterday. I've got wind pain and some nausea. I've had s couple of yogurts & a smoothie and half a cup of clear soup today. I burp lots after eating and feel some discomfort. Also I've a hard bruised lump to the left of my belly button that is tender. Is this my port?

Try getting something like deflatine ~ Boots do their own brand which I have found much better for those times when you feel bloated (also apparently good for wind pain but that wasn't something I've encountered yet but definitely good with bloating!)

Moving around can help the wind as can waving your arms in a "windmill" like motion ~ and the nausea feeling is quite likely to be the remainders of the anaesthetic.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and welcome to the losers bench :)

Thanks for the advice. Feeling a little better today. The wind is so irritating though. I will be flapping around like a windmill today. I've had some slim fast for breakfast today made up 125mls with 1 scoop & it seems sufficient.

:) glad to hear you're feeling better and blegh to the slim fast ;) lol

darrin said:
Hi had my band fitted yesterday. I've got wind pain and some nausea. I've had s couple of yogurts & a smoothie and half a cup of clear soup today. I burp lots after eating and feel some discomfort. Also I've a hard bruised lump to the left of my belly button that is tender. Is this my port?

That's amazing you have managed anything but water! I'm 7 days post op, and still struggling with the "thick fluids" even have to water down the slim fast! (Nasty stuff!!) lol x Well done you!
Oh and the gas is the worst bit xx

kalkatt said:
That's amazing you have managed anything but water! I'm 7 days post op, and still struggling with the "thick fluids" even have to water down the slim fast! (Nasty stuff!!) lol x Well done you!
Oh and the gas is the worst bit xx

I'm not finding it easy each time I try to eat it makes the wind pain worse. I was thinking of just trying water & juice. Perhaps I'm trying too hard after all I don't want to go back to what I used to eat but want to be without the discomfort. What thick fluids have you tried?

I have no idea, I made a rule not to weigh myself, but my knickers are too big, so I guess so!! Lol
One piece of advice, get some laxatives, like Dulcoease, you don't want to get blocked up at all!! Believe me!! Lol x

I will put that on my list and get some this evening. Not been since Friday now I think about it. Perhaps that will help with the wind too?

God I must be a right weirdo I love slim fast :) lol , good luck on the new band and welcome to the losers bench :) xx

I've got the teas. Peppermint, fennel & orange & ginger. Struggled with my soup tonight 1 spoon at a time. I was thinking that it should just run through? The burping is a new and embarrassing companion. I had to apologise several times today whilst on the phone. I'm using gripe water & chewable windeze. Pleased it's moving but hoping it's not moving in for good?

Haha you learn to burp in a whole new way don't you? And boy does it hurt.
I managed beef stew tonight, about a tablespoon full, and I was stuffed, but yest I struggled with custard, I guess it's one day at a time and take it slowly. The gas does go eventually, although I'm still a bit windy :)

Hi Kat, really strange we had op same time and I seem to be able to eat most things and hungry, I hope everything is ok with my band x

Hiya Blob, good to hear from you, I am getting hungry, but a couple of mouthfuls and I'm full, it could be totally psychological though, I'm just following what the hospital said, I'm due to go on solids as such Friday I think!
From what I can tell, no one has good restriction till the first or second fill x

I think that there will be differences between individuals as there is with any operation. Some heal quick some have pain & wind.... however, we all seem similar in our experience. Have you had anything in your band? I've weighed myself today & 13lb off since last Tuesday. Forgot the laxatives . X

Back