• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op band help please

Looking forward to normal food this weekend. However, I've been advised by my dietician to eat crunchy stuff such as ryvita salad veg etc. I've already had overcooked veg & the wind is terrible. Tips please to prevent embarrassing moments.

Yuk over cooked veggies. They are definitely easier to eat though. Al dente carrots and broccoli my band just cannot cope with. Wind, I reckon its one thing we banders have to live with :rolleyes:

And yes yuk is about right for the veggies I love mine all dente too & today I've already had Brussels cooked with a definite bite just waiting......

Last night was Xmas party 2. On a positive positive note I ate the meal enjoyed it all of it. I didn't pile it high & had the smallest portion at the table. Im pleased ive healed well. The down side was I enjoyed the alcohol too & despite going to bed believing I wasn't drunk I have a hideous hangover. Only 3 more sleeps til band fill :)

Glad to hear you're doing ok. Definitely crunchier foods is the way forward :) and hopefully that fill will help you. I was going to hold off until January after I had to cancel mine 2 weeks ago, but the more I think about it, I wish I wasn't.

Christmas work meal for us a week on saturday . . .and at the moment, I have no restriction which is gonna be a mare :( but I'm also going to drive even tho the company pays for taxi's, food and drink etc, but that way, it means I cannot drink so wont be wasting calories on alcohol . . .

Glad to hear you've healed well :)

Glad to hear you're doing ok. Definitely crunchier foods is the way forward :) and hopefully that fill will help you. I was going to hold off until January after I had to cancel mine 2 weeks ago, but the more I think about it, I wish I wasn't.

Christmas work meal for us a week on saturday . . .and at the moment, I have no restriction which is gonna be a mare :( but I'm also going to drive even tho the company pays for taxi's, food and drink etc, but that way, it means I cannot drink so wont be wasting calories on alcohol . . .

Glad to hear you've healed well :)

I'm pleased I was able to enjoy the Xmas parties despite the hangover. The way I saw it was this is the last year I will be this big. My little friend is just waiting there to help me & in the new year when everyone is dieting so will I but this time it will work :)

First fill done. Now have 6.5ml in large band. Hope to be one of the lucky ones & have good restriction x

Back to liquids for today & tomorrow then mush. Has a eggnog late in starbucks. Yummy, that was lunch. Just had a milkshake. Hungry :(

Well I had a bit of a restless night. Can say I'm feeling any different yet but trying to remember I'm in for the long run this time. X

Last edited:
How you finding the fill now ;)
I hope its achieving what you want from it
I'v only 2 days left on drinks before I go on purred food for 2 weeks 5 day post op and I have 3ml in a 10ml band

Im nother sure yet it doesn't seem different but won't be able to tell until the crunchies are introduced I think? A bit scared that it's not gonna work but we will see.

Last edited:
Well weighed myself today & I've gained back 10lb of the 17lbs I'd lost. Wake up call! Let's see what I achieve with crunchy stuff. Someone tell me this is normal?

Back