• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been very unwell.

icey

Week today I had my band fitted, since Tuesday I have been sick
and couldn't even keep water down. Not impressed with THG they couldn't help me as their nurse was finishing at 4pm and I couldn't drive to Birmingham. Ended up in a NHS hospital Musgrove park in Taunton thry do bariatric surgery here. They were lovely to me aspirated the band after lots of faffing about as they couldn't find the port because my stomach was so swollen. He took 3mls out and 5mls of air, had to be admitted as I was dehydrated and a further 2mls and 1ml of air aspirated this morning, lots of tests & xrays. I'm home now my stomach is still very sore from all the heaving, but not been sick.
My band needs to remain empty for 4wks to let my stomach heal and the fills will be done slowly. According to the hospital weighing scales ive lost 27lbs... thats a lot off in a small time. Feeling disappointed but best it's done properly now
karen x

OMG that's terrible. I am not surprised Musgrove Park were able to help you as I had my bypass there two weeks ago and they were amazing.

I think it's dreadful that your provider wasn't able to do more. They are quick to take the money. I really hope it all sorts itself out for you and you start feeling better soon. Sx

Icey I hope you start feeling better soon. Sounds like you are having a terrible time of it :(.
Nice weight loss though but probably not exactly the way you wanted it to come off. Heal well hun and the next four weeks will pass in a blink of an eye :)x

So sorry you have not been too well....hope you feel better soon.... Well done on the weight loss side of things...All the best x

You poor thing, that sounds horrible:(
I hope they've got it properly sorted now and it's smoother from now on x

Back