• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band fills

julieann

hi all, i had my first band fill last saturday with wendy at the wls group, and as i already had 4mils in the band wendy just topped it up by half a mil. I hoped that i would feel some sort of restriction after being on liquids and soft foods for a week but i am really struggling today and feel like i could eat anything. Wendy said that i should feel some sort of restriction, but i dont and i was just wondering if i should have a little more put in or am i just being impatient. I would be really grateful if anyone could offer some advice please. xx:sigh:

i have had the bypass last mon 5th jan and i dont know much about banding but i can undrestand how you feel i am hungry as well and i was never told you could feel like that so i bit misarable as well
alison xx

i have had the bypass last mon 5th jan and i dont know much about banding but i can undrestand how you feel i am hungry as well and i was never told you could feel like that so i bit misarable as well
alison xx
maybe we are expecting too much, but when we have been through what we have you sort of hope that you lose that hunger feeling. xx

im getting mine done by her on the 20th i hope i get more than half a mill after waiting so long :confused: i had 4 mill in at op (of which no restriction except two things i cant eat too well but thats all) i want at least a mill to two id rather go get some out than carry on as i am :(

im getting mine done by her on the 20th i hope i get more than half a mill after waiting so long :confused: i had 4 mill in at op (of which no restriction except two things i cant eat too well but thats all) i want at least a mill to two id rather go get some out than carry on as i am :(
I'm sure she will put more in if you ask, i was happy enough for her to put that small amount in mine as i was more concerned about having too much put in and then having to go back and have some taken out again (i think its simply because im a coward) because i have to travel quite a distance to see her, but anyway im going to ring her this week and see what she sugests.

I wouldn`t worry about it hun, I had my first fill in Nov and they only put 1.5ml in - gutted. I didn`t have any in to start with so really struggling. Got another booked for end of Jan so fingers crossed I should get a bit of restriction. Your right in ringing her to see what she suggests, hope u get correct restriction soon hun xxx

Its unusual to get really good restriction on first one, so don't worry too much if you don't.

I have some restriction, things get a little stuck at times and I definitely eat much much less than I did before the band and before my first fill.

Remember the tortoise wins.....:)

Hiya
when I had my first band fill, I had 1.5 mils put in,and the restriction only lasted two weeks. My last fill, which was November, I had .75mils put in and I still have good restriction on that. Its not how much they put in, and the person putting it in has usually being doing it a while and knows what you should have. Listen to them, and if they think you only needed the .5 in, then thats what you needed at the time. Nothing worst than having too much in, and being sick all the time:wave_cry: I have had that too. I refused to go back and have any taken out and have managed to get through the worst. See how things go and dont worry about booking another one too soon. Like I said I went only 2 weeks (17 days to be exact) between my first and second fill. Take care
MNL:)

On the NHS you don't get a choice of times, they set them for you, so you have to weather the storm if you have no restriction.:(

Hiya
I had my first three fills done privately, and just had funding agreed by my local NHS trust to have the future band fills done through them. When I spoke to lady who organises the band fills, she has booked me in for my next one in March, however, she did say that if I felt that I needed it before then, to contact her and she would get me in sooner. Have you tried to reschedule your appointment? If you are desperate, you could opt to go private for a fill. Like i said I paid for my first three, and If I had to pay for another one, I would find someway to get the money. If you have no restriction to speak of and are not losing the weight, or staying the same, you should call your provider and see if you can get in sooner.
MNL:)

I am still losing so not that worried.

I don't have a job so no way could I afford private care.

hi all and thankyou for your kind replies, well i spoke to wendy yesterday and she agreed that i could have another fill so i am off to london on sunday and probably wont need too much of a top up but as she said, she would rather take things slowly than have me in any kind of discomfort. xx

Back