• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band losers ? How much have u lost?

I was banded 9 wks ago today - its my bestest pal lol
I lost 1 stone by cutting down in prep for op and am 1lb away from another 3 stone. thats preop to today.
best of luck with your op and journey.
Everyone is doing fab - we are a wonderful bunch of LOSERS.x

10 months post op and I have lost 79lbs (I only weigh once a month) and it's not due for 2 weeks...

I am pleased with results, my birth mum and I met up today and her first words were "how narrow are you getting?":D

Hey.. well.. its been 3months for me since had my band fitted on may 12th, at that time I weighed 19st 5lb - went from 19st 12 on may 1st to that on pre-op diet.. so lost half a stone..

since op have dropped to 17st 13lb (need to update ticker) so since operation - I've lost 1st 6lb and at my heaviest in dec 05 - I weighed 25st 10lb :eek:

at the moment I wonder about my restriction as haven't lost anything this last week or so but am still controlling portion size also WHAT I eat and still doing my exercise bike and wii fit to help..

I had my first fill on july 2nd and had 4.5ml put into my band (not sure on size of band but think its 9ml)

I am back to see surgeon on 23rd sept but going to ring dietician next monday to ask when am I due next fill.

what you need to remember though - is EVERYONE is different and therefore will lose weight at different rates.. some people will lose very quickly to begin with and maintain a slow but steady loss and for others it will be a slow loss in the begining and then it will speed up. Everyone has different lifestyles, different abilities for exercising and different metabolisms so dont be disheartened if your loss doesnt 'comply' to everyone elses once op is done..

good luck on your journey :D

I'm 11 months post op and only 7lbs down iv lost and gained on and off since i had it fitted and now i have 7 and a half mil in a 10 mil band .and I'm struggling to eat and drink i get enough but think I'm not eating enough and now I'm dehydrated lol so took this long to get restriction.

and now I'm not losing lol but ill get there :)

This is why I chose the bypass. You girls have great will power in the beginning when the restriction isn't there. I couldn't do it.

Im so happy for you all with the great weight losses. You should all be very proud :)

xxx

I've lost 47lb since start of pre op diet. Had op on 18th may and have had 2 fills. Not eating much since 2nd fill 3 weeks ago because band is so tight. Need to kick start the weight loss again so need to eat something other than weetabix and slimfast shakesx

banded just over 4 years in total, starting weight 20st 2llbs, day of op 19st 2llbs, weight today 12st 4llbs which im happy to maintain, i dont really want to lose much more as im happy with myself now, if i do then thats a bonus.

liz x

Back