• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band on 14th! Nervous!

DD82

Hi all I'm having a band fitted on Saturday and now that it is getting closer I'm getting pretty nervous about the whole thing. I know people that have had it done and have lost a lot of weight but I also know that it takes hard work still and will not do all the work for you.

My problem id I've been reading a lot of horror stories of bands on the net which is adding to my nerves, I know people are more inclined to write the negative and not post positives and that for every bad band there is probably a lot of good procedures but stories about hair loss and not being able to have anything but liquids 6 months after Is frightening me a bit.

Are these rare occurrences? Any advice reassurance is welcome please

Thanks

Edit: not sure why but my replies are not posting, thanks for your support though and I'm feeling better today about things, thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi all I'm having a band fitted on Saturday and now that it is getting closer I'm getting pretty nervous about the whole thing. I know people that have had it done and have lost a lot of weight but I also know that it takes hard work still and will not do all the work for you.

My problem id I've been reading a lot of horror stories of bands on the net which is adding to my nerves, I know people are more inclined to write the negative and not post positives and that for every bad band there is probably a lot of good procedures but stories about hair loss and not being able to have anything but liquids 6 months after Is frightening me a bit.

Are these rare occurrences? Any advice reassurance is welcome please

Thanks
I had my band done yesterday 10/02/15 and it was fine. Only had a bit of pain at 2 am this morning (about a 4 out of 10) and had 2 co-codamol. Back home now relaxing on the sofa. Ask away if you have any worries. No one mentioned to me injections in my stomach for blood clotting but got to do mine for the next four days :cry:

Woo oho what a valentines gift to yourself ! I had mine 9 months ago , I'm almost 4 stone lighter and only regret is waiting so long xxxxx

Hey babes :) obviously i cant say that a band is fail proof nor that they are all perfect BUT i can speak fro my own experience.. ..banded just over a year ago..... no hair loss and am happily still eating proper food LOL the great news is tho......... just over 8 stone down (including my pre op diet) it IS mega hard work....a band will never stop you eating any of the naughty stuff ...so be prepared to work hard to get great rewards :) welcome to a fab friendly site too hunni...your in the best place for advise, info and some great friendships x x x x all the best....... any questions just askx x

My surgeon told me 15% of people are disappointed with the band long term. I felt those were acceptable odds

I was banded 6 months ago and have lost almost 4 stone

It is harder than I ever thought it would be. But I have no regrets except like Daisy that I did not do it years ago

I don't have a lot of restriction at the moment and can eat fairly good portions and there are no foods give me any problems

Going for a fill tomorrow and I hope that changes and I can only eat small amounts afterwards

I still have two stone to loose and am hopeful with the band I will get there and keep it off. Without it I could never do it or keep it off

The horror stories are few and far between

Good luck xx

Thanks for all your kind replies. I'm feeling much more positive today and I know it's what I need to do for my future health for my kids sake as much as my own happiness, my wife is also very supportive and I'm sure she would appreciate a slimmer me again like when we first met.

Weighed myself today and since the first of feb I've lost 1stone 10lb so I'm really pleased with that.

Thanks once again x

Thanks for all the replies, I'm feeling more relaxed about it all today as I know it's what I need to do for my future and for my kids future, wigged myself today and I've lost 1 stone 10lb since the 1st fen so I'm well happy with that.

Thanks again x

Hi sorry havnt replied sooner I forgot my log in details! I'm doing ok thanks had 1 fill so far and have 5ml in my 10ml band, and have pretty much zero restriction still! Unless I havnt drank anything in between meals then the first mouthful will get stuck.

I started at 23st 3 lb on 1/2/15 and am 19st 8lb today so getting there but still have fat days where I eat the wrong things but I will learn lol.

Good luck for your band x

Back