• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting my band on saturday!! :)

littlemissthin

Hey guys, I'm new to this :)
I'm
Getting my band fitted on Saturday in Birmingham by the hospital group dr halstead.
Just wondering of anyone has any advice or things I should know before hand that a may not know?
Also has anyone been with the hospital group?
And I'm 5'6 and 14 stone, wondering if anyone has started around this weight and how
Much they have lost, I know everyone's weight loss is different but would be good for motivation :)
Thanks xxxx

Welcome :) I didnt go with THG but am only 3 weeks post band surgery, Im not at a similar weight either lol but did want to say welcome to the board and good luck for your surgery :) x

Aw thanks :) how r u feeling? How long is the actual recovery period? I've booked a week off work I'm hoping this is enough, I don't really do heavy duties. Also have u lost any weight yet? :) x

Im doing ok, havent suffered a lot of pain at all, sore scar which eased off, but have been ok. I had 10 days off work, only cos I had the time booked off, I would have been ready to return about 5-7 days post op to be honest.

As for weight loss . . yes, I've lost 33lbs in 5 weeks 17lbs on my 2 weeks pre op diet, but 16lbs during the 3 weeks post op. So am pleased with how its going :)

Welcome ... Good luck with your op on Saturday. I went with thg and they have been great. I had my op on a Saturday and was back in work on the Wednesday, however didn't feel 100% myself for around 4 weeks. Recovery is normally 1-2 weeks, so maybe get a two week sick note from thg .... Just in case you need it?! Any questions you have, please feel free to ask :)

Hi Hun - I put notes ,thoughts etc on a thread called Dolan 13th September Banded - I am one of the LEAST KNOWLEDGEABLE people on here re actual weighloss but I can share with you my journey especially as I've only just been done

thankseveryone :)
Your posts really helped to dimples.
is everyones admission time 7am? and what is the latest time the operation will be done? and was your check out at 7am the next morning? i have a long car journey so hoping am not the last to get done and first discharged lol,
they have told me not to do a pre op diet? as im low risk? do yous think i should still do it just incase? probably just me worrying about things too much, it is quite nerve raking tho! xxxx

littlemissthin said:
thankseveryone :)
Your posts really helped to dimples.
is everyones admission time 7am? and what is the latest time the operation will be done? and was your check out at 7am the next morning? i have a long car journey so hoping am not the last to get done and first discharged lol,
they have told me not to do a pre op diet? as im low risk? do yous think i should still do it just incase? probably just me worrying about things too much, it is quite nerve raking tho! xxxx

One of the benefits of doing the pre op diet is getting used to the type and volume of food you can eat post op. So although it wasn't necessary for me to do the slimfast diet it did get me ready for 2 weeks liquid stage and also the weight loss at that time served as a reminder of why I'm doing this whilst getting through the first couple of days whilst I'm healing - JUST A THOUGHT x

Hi there

Mr Halstead did my op on 28th August at Dolan Park.

Trying to think of any advice.

I would take a pillow for the journey home, I had a 4 hour journey and helped to get comfy.

I was due to arrive at 7.00 am but got stuck in traffic and didnt get there till 09.30 am. I had booked their transport so the driver just called the hospital and advised them.

When I arrived my bloods were done and an ECG then I went to my room.

I had an animal refuge out my window so quite noisy, cock a doodle doo and dogs barking.

I was third on the list and met the surgeon and anesthetist beforehand.

Had to shower and change into a gown and paper knickers, I had took cotton knickers but not allowed to wear them, surgeons choice.

Then I went to theatre at about 1.15 pm. I was back in my room for 3.00pm.

The next morning I felt a bit sickly and my BP had dropped so I didn't leave till about 8.15 am, they didn't kick me out till I felt ok.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

I am 21 pounds down to date.

x x

it will be over bfore you know it.

I still sometimes can't beleive it's happened. I had 1st consultation on 9th August, banded 28th and here I am now 3 weeks tomorrow x

it flies by x

I came home 3 days ago had that surgon At dolan i was last in at 11ish and had my op 5.30 i was last on list number 10 went home the next day at 7am I'm 5.7 and was 16.5 when I went in on Friday but I'm now 15.11 hope this helps..xx so lost 8lbs so far ( I think this is mainly water lol )

Welcome and good luck with your journey. x

I checked in at 7 but they'd lost my bloods that I'd had done previously so I ended up going down to theatre at 6ish. I was annoyed at the time because they'd said I was first but in the end it was okay because I had a chilled day watching tv and reading and it didn't interrupt my sleep pattern too much! Good luck! I'm having a fill on Saturday so I'll wave at you from reception :D

Hi I had my band 2 nd July I was last at 5,30 but it was better because you sleep all night.iv lost 34 lbs so far I like losing slow because hopefuly my skin will shrink as I do lots of exercise .make sure you have peppermint cordial for the wind pain after its brill have it warm.also get some boots dry month spray your not allowed to drink all day and it really helps.paracetamol and codein tablets that go in water from boots again are brill for pain relief.

And good luck you'll be so glad you did it.

Thanks again I'll definitely take everyone's advise! One day closer today!!!! :)
One more thing if anyone knows, my husband is coming with me, does he get to stay all day? He's staying at a hotel nearby but what time will they send him away? Sooooo excited! Can't wait till the start of my new life! :) xxxx

Mine stayed all day with me - at first both the wifi and tv controls wasn't working - but they sorted it and so he was happy - he even ordered his lunch at reception and had it served to him in the room -!!!!

Back