• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quick question

donnax658

Hi everyone.......I was banded just over 4 weeks ago now and have my first fill tomorrow. I'm just a bit worried that they will say something has gone wrong. Is it normal to have no restriction at all at the moment???
I have a 14ml band and it has 5 mls in it at the moment. I can eat absolutely anything (although I am being careful and using good old fashioned will power) and don't feel full at all :(
Tomorrow's fill will be under x-ray am I right in thinking they can afford to be more generous this way??

Hi hun, I am not a bander but I have heard many say that they don't have restriction after the initial swelling goes down and before their first fill. Sounds like you are perfectly normal. As for the x-ray, it seems like good sense that they could judge better how good/bad your restriction is and offer a more precise fill. Maybe a bander will be along soon to help you better than I can!

Best of luck with it all.
Nic;)

hi i also have a 14ml band and yes it normal! if it your first fill they may only put a ml or so in they dont go to mad with the first one. im now at the sweet spot and have 8.75mls in mine i thought being a bigger band they would need to put more in for good restriction but it doesnt seem to work like that. with each fill you will get more restriction fistly things like bread become harder to eat i found that portion control didnt come till id had a few fills . bere with it tho its very worth it:)

Back