• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restriction Finally!!

pickle

Doing it for my boy!
Hi all, I had my second fill last thursday and finally am feeling the benefits of proper restriction. I'm so happy and relieved....although i only had my op in May i had hardly lost any weight (except on the pre op diet) and now i know that with the right restriction i can look forward to the future instead of fretting whether i had made a huge mistake. I have 5ml in a 7 band.
The only thing i would ask is that although i am only eating very small amounts i dont seem to be going the full 4 hours until im hungry again (maybe 2-3), i'm not concerned because eitherway i am consuming far less calories as it only takes a few small bites until i'm done, but just wondered if anyone else is the same.

x

Hi all, I had my second fill last thursday and finally am feeling the benefits of proper restriction. I'm so happy and relieved....although i only had my op in May i had hardly lost any weight (except on the pre op diet) and now i know that with the right restriction i can look forward to the future instead of fretting whether i had made a huge mistake. I have 5ml in a 7 band.
The only thing i would ask is that although i am only eating very small amounts i dont seem to be going the full 4 hours until im hungry again (maybe 2-3), i'm not concerned because eitherway i am consuming far less calories as it only takes a few small bites until i'm done, but just wondered if anyone else is the same.

x

Hello fellow bandster :D

Could it be the foods that your eating as to why your not feeling fuller for longer?? How you doing on the fluid score????

I have 5 mils in a 7 mil band and my last fill was in 6 months ago, So unless I lose any fluids I shall not be needing another fill, I have gr8 restriction;). If I find that I am hungrier quicker I always look at what I am eating and then my fluid intake, a little tweak in the food/fluid department shows me that the fault lies with me and not the band doing its job - HTH Julie xx

Hello fellow bandster :D

Could it be the foods that your eating as to why your not feeling fuller for longer?? How you doing on the fluid score????

I have 5 mils in a 7 mil band and my last fill was in 6 months ago, So unless I lose any fluids I shall not be needing another fill, I have gr8 restriction;). If I find that I am hungrier quicker I always look at what I am eating and then my fluid intake, a little tweak in the food/fluid department shows me that the fault lies with me and not the band doing its job - HTH Julie xx

Hi Julie, yes that does help, thank you. And i think my food choices could be better, for instance this morning breakfast was on the hoff so ate a banana, which is a slider food anyway and then this afternoon i had a chicken wrap....could only have a few bites of the filling and that has actually filled me up nicely. I know i could improve on the fluid, i seem to average about 1 litre of water a day but have coffee/squash on top.
I guess i need to plan a bit better, and eat my protein first:)

good going pickle, it took my 2nd fill before i felt restriction. take care xx

So glad you're getting there with the restriction. i haven't had a fill yet so not sure how it all feels. I still feel some things are difficult to swallow even though I'm still on sloppy food so I guess I'm still pretty restricted? I go to have my first xray fill on 30th August. It'll be...er...interesting but knowing me I'll make a drama out of it!!

Back