• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band questions????

baby jayne

Hi everyone

I have had 1 fill in my band since the 3mls that was put in at time of surgery, the fill was 2mls so have 5mls in my 10ml band.

Could you tell me the types of food you eat and the quantity as I think I can eat quite a bit (not what I could before Op) and wanted to compare.

What would your typical Breakfast Lunch and Dinner be and what snacks would you have?
Please could you also tell me if you have any treats at the weekend and if so what do you have.
I am looking at all your tickers and although I am loseing weight it is slow...Do any of you have PCOS as I do and wandered if this is why I am a slow loser???

Any help as always appreciated.

I drink over 2 litres of fluids per day.

XXXXXXXXXXX

hi i can't help, but didn't wanna read and run, i'm sure the resident experts will be along shortly ;)

Hi everyone

I have had 1 fill in my band since the 3mls that was put in at time of surgery, the fill was 2mls so have 5mls in my 10ml band.

Could you tell me the types of food you eat and the quantity as I think I can eat quite a bit (not what I could before Op) and wanted to compare.

What would your typical Breakfast Lunch and Dinner be and what snacks would you have?

Typical Breakfast for me is either, small bowl of cereal (wholegrain) with splash of one percent fat milk and a cup of tea, or 250g TOTAL O% greek yoghurt (nought percent fat and no sugar), tablespoon of honey and some raisins and nuts.

A typical lunch would be, 3-4 garlic crackers (small round ones) 28g cheese, 2-3 slices ham, tomato, cucumber, a teaspoon of pickle or maybe tuna with light mayo and salad.

A typical dinner would be a piece of meat (no bigger than inside of cupped hand) veggies and maybe 2 or 3 chunks of potato.

Please could you also tell me if you have any treats at the weekend and if so what do you have.

I don't do treats any more as that harks back to my old eating patterns, rewarding myself with something "naughty" I now have something I fancy now and then, like a mini magnum or a small bowl of low fat ice cream but whatever calories that might be I go burn it off...:D

I am looking at all your tickers and although I am loseing weight it is slow...Do any of you have PCOS as I do and wandered if this is why I am a slow loser???

PCOS does not affect weight loss with surgery, as we eat so little we should still loose weight. I eat on average about 1300 calories a day but try to burn off at least 300 of those with excercise. And the best thing to do is not to compare, as we all lose weight at different rates and in different ways. Comparing makes you beat yourself up and you did enough of that before the surgery.

Take each pound you loose as a triumph...and look to the big picture of how you will be in say 2 years time.

More than plenty ;):D

todays food

brekfast special k bar

lunch hand full of peanuts 2 crispbread with cream cheese on

evening meal small peice of steak grilled with corgettes

snakcs todays snack was a slice of lowfat cheesecake im pmting so tend to sweet snack more during this week than anyother time

make sure you weight yourself first thing in morning if your drinking 2 litres a day as fluids can bump your weight up it is a slow progress i averagly loose 2-3 lbs a week and dont forget it depends on your start weight as to how quickly as well i was over 25 st at start its taken me 9months to loose 6.half st if id weighted less i dont think id have lost this amount in this time frame.

Hi everyone

XXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Liz, I'm still struggling with food since I had my port correction & fill last Thursday (I don't think it's anything to do with the op itself but was topped up to 4.5mls in a 10ml band) and have been feeling extremely restricted.

I'm managing liquids much better (even water was a struggle) but haven't got past the sloppies yet, though have managed much better today, phew!

I've had:

B/f - half a weetabix with skimmed milk
mid pm - 1 small pot of low fat custard
late pm - mash approx 3 tbsp, gravy & mint jelly
snack/treat - mini twister ice cream lolly

today is the first time I've managed to eat everything I've sat down to in a week, so will try to move onto more solid food over the weekend.

I wouldn't compare with my menu though as it's not really typical of a normal way to eat :rolleyes:

good luck xx

Thanks everyone, could I ask how much exercise you all do each day?

Anymore banders would welcome your response to my first question xx

I am due to go on holiday 6 weeks today and really wanted to be a lot smaller. It is coming of but really slow. Don't think it has helped that I have had no aftercare until Tuesday Eve when I met the dietician.
She says I should add another Carb into my diet each day and a little extra dairy.
My usual day is a bowl bran flakes (small portion like the little boxes kids cereal variety pack) or chopped up fruit.
Lunch Salad with Tuna coleslaw and salad dressing (I put this in the plastic tubs that takeaway food is delivered in).
Eve meal I have Salmon and Salad or Roasted Veg and Chicken etc on a 9" plate.
I don't eat in between meals. Is this enough/to much?

Today I had - Porridge for breakfast. 4 bread crackers with cream cheese and a few olives for lunch. A weight watchers yoghurt mid afternoon and for tea I had smoked mackerel, weight watchers mash with a tablespoon of beans. I then had some raspberries. I actually have been able to eat quite a bit lately. It has been 2 weeks since me last fill and I have 7.5 ml in a 10ml band.

I exercise every day for 60mins.

I found that when the weight lose slowed right down I need to up the calories and exercise. If you don't have enough calories you body get used to it and starts storing fat as it thinks you are starving.

Try adding a protein shake or simular to you diet and up the exercise.

Please don't take this into account as I had my 2nd fill yesterday and today has been hell.
Breakfast- less than half of weetabix
Dinner- half of a tiny fromage frais
Tea-1/4 of fish in sauce(about 1"x1") and a teaspoon of mash.
2 mugs of tea (each taking about 1 hour to get down)
I think my band is way too tight this time so I'm having to be extra careful. I've already thrown up today so may have to have a little taken out. I'm going to perevere for a couple more days and see how it goes though.
Exercise- I'm doing lots of walking now with my horse (not riding) and he goes at quiete a pace so my little legs go 90 to the dozen lol. I also seem to be doing alot more cleaning and walk to the shops.
My weight loss is also slow but be patient as you will get there.

Back