• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions question questions

snack

I not been around much as of late , got a few questions just wondered if any one could help me with,my band seems to feel tighter in the morning is this so or is my mind playing tricks ? Also due for a full in a few weeks I'm at 6.5 in 10 ml band , can't eat bread,crackers,pretzels and some meats just wondered how much of a fill I should push for ? Not starving but have been making bad food choices and eat too much quantity wise ( slap on wrist ) but do sometimes feel hungry after finished dinner , just wondered if anyone could help ? Thanks xxxxx

Nice to see you around.

Morning tightness ... many of us feel that, so don't worry you are not going crazy.

What happens if you eat crackers or pretzels? They are perfect sorts of foods for the band to keep you feeling fuller for longer, and can give you an idea of what level of restriction you have. Bread is a strange one, I can eat a little bit at certain times of the month, but only say three quarters of a slice toasted...and I don't have lots of restriction. It's difficult not to compare to others, but you say you are hungry after eating a meal...so are you eating enough of the right types of food. Some people need more than the traditional 'side plate'....pick up the phone to your dietician for their advice x

Thanks flutterby , pretzels and crackers hurt even when chewed to death ,some crackers are ok but others feel like I've swallowed a brick ? Thanks for advice think I ll give them a call xx

I am no expert, but it sounds to me like you have enough restriction at the moment, but you may need to find out how to work best with it ;)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks for the advice been in a right tiz :( to be honest been so busy at work that I've been making bad food choices and some times eating to fast and since my last fill my acid reflux has played me up no end , think I need too slow down and follow ur advice thanks again xx

flutterby1966 said:
I am no expert, but it sounds to me like you have enough restriction at the moment, but you may need to find out how to work best with it ;)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Yes I'd agree based in the above.

Snack - Listen to flutterby - shes my saviour when it comes to questions or advice about bands!

I made the mistake of opting for more of a fill - as I thought I could handle it...but after a week of not being able to eat hardly anything, barring clear soup, I realised I was doing well at 3.5ml in my 10ml band, and that 4.5ml was too much for me.

Everyone is different, we all have different size stomach, tollerances, body shapes. Hence 7ml in a 10ml band works for some but not for others.

I went back to my provider and had a de-fill, as I was so unhappy and feeling slightly gaunt and sick from not being able to eat properly. Im now at 3.75ml....and have my 3rd fill in September, which by then, I hope to be ready for another fill, as im losing weight still and your stomach/body changes everytime you lose weight.....So thats why you need a tighter band, as fat around the stomach losens or goes....

Thanks blue I'm going to ask for a slight defill , not losing because all I can eat is soup , milkshake and bad stuff like crips and choc :( , been gaining and losing the same 4 lbs for weeks now, getting me down and acid reflux pain is still bad but only since last fill , thanks for answering my questions and good luck blue your doing fantastic xxxx

Thanks blue I'm going to ask for a slight defill , not losing because all I can eat is soup , milkshake and bad stuff like crips and choc :( , been gaining and losing the same 4 lbs for weeks now, getting me down and acid reflux pain is still bad but only since last fill , thanks for answering my questions and good luck blue your doing fantastic xxxx

I went through almost the same....clear soups only went down, milkshakes, liquidy stuff with no bits in basically...and cos I was so down, I ate crisps and biscuits as they seemed to go down. And that made me even more down as I didnt want a diet of just those things....

The de-fill was the option that made all the difference. Now I can eat most things barring Pasta, rice (well small amounts I can)...Breads, skins on vegs/fruits....

Back