• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-Op Heparin?

I had 6 days of injections to give myself, I have mo previous risk factors and BMI of 30.. So don't know why.. But I don't mind seems we are all different.

I figured it out....! Which to be honest I should if done earlier seen as I have been a nurse for 11 years!!! Psych in my defence...
That must check your clotting ability at time if bloods and prescribe depending on that... Haha..

I figured it out....! Which to be honest I should if done earlier seen as I have been a nurse for 11 years!!! Psych in my defence...
That must check your clotting ability at time if bloods and prescribe depending on that... Haha..

It's not that. They use it as a secondary prevention medication, to reduce your risk of clots post op.

I was told during my pre op (before they had taken any blood) that i would be given 7 days worth to inject after....it was standard practice at bmi where I had op x

In the trust I work for, all surgical patients have minimum of 7 days heparin, and is longer depending on history, standard prophylaxis now.

Back