• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band slippage

MrsPill

There is always a lot of fear around band slippage on the bander forum.
Does anyone know of anyone who has had a slipped band? Or does anyone have any info about how easy it is for this to happen?
I was under the impression that these days the surgeons stitched it into place so to have it slip would take an earthquake!
But I could be wrong :)

Hi MrsPill

You know I can only think of one lady whose band slipped and she had been having problems with being too tight, then not enough etc.

I know its a possibility but there are things we can do to minimise the risk. Like you say things have changed alot over the years to lesten the risks xx

I know, it just that band slippage is something that seems to used as the ultimate threat for a bander. If you don't eat this way or that food then 'your band will slip'!! I get a bit frustrated that there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence for this happening. Hmmm, I can think I've got my first question for my surgeon on 2nd July when I have my surgiversary checkup!!

Back