• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

refused band on the day

lalole

Jax
hi maybe this is just my paranoia but I'm really worried that something will be wrong on the day and they won't fit my band. For example, high blood pressure, liver not shrink enough etc. Has this happened to anyone or does anybody know anyone it has happened to? X

Have you any particular cause for concern on this? If you're following the lsd you'll be fine. I didn't even do a lsd, so it should be fine.

Have you any particular cause for concern on this? If you're following the lsd you'll be fine. I didn't even do a lsd, so it should be fine.[/QUOTE
my blood pressure was a little bit high on my consultation and on the lsd I've not stuck to it to the letter don't get me wrong I've not been stuffing my face with pizza but I've missed out the fruit I'm allowed and had slightly higher portion of meat etc but its all been in the allowance of cals and carbs x

Given that meat is a protein, having a little too much won't have too much of an effect. Also, not having the fruit essentially means you've had less sugar.

Honestly, it's natural to have concerns. I still thought as I was jumped on the theatre table that I'd get turned down. Just try to stick to it as best you can.

speak to your of user and share your worries. I do know someone whose burgers was refused on the day but every person is different, but speak to them, the pre op diet is so important and it's concerning if you can't follow it, post op the band has lots of rules and guidelines and it's something you will really gave to work with. Get support its so important

I had very high bp just before surgery on the operating table. They asked me to have a few breathing exercises and it slowly went down 15-20m). They dont operate with high bp.

I had very high bp just before surgery on the operating table. They asked me to have a few breathing exercises and it slowly went down 15-20m). They dont operate with high bp.

Thanks, that's quite reassuring, do you know what your blood pressure was? She said to me on my consultation that the second number can't be over 100 I had my blood pressure took today the first time it was 105 and the second time it was 85 x

I have just been diagnosed with high BP :(
No they didnt say the value. My second value is normally between 95 and 110 and yes over 100 is classed as hypertension.

I have just been diagnosed with high BP :(
No they didnt say the value. My second value is normally between 95 and 110 and yes over 100 is classed as hypertension.

Thanks, fingers crossed it will be ok on the day and I hope you get your bp under control soon

Oh by the way high blood pressure (if it is diagnosed) is one of the listed 3 comorbidities (with diabetes and sleep apnoe) for bariatric surgery according to NICE guidelines. If you DO have it you might be able to get NHS bariatric surgery (if your bmi is at least 35) but it varies according to where you live.

Oh by the way high blood pressure (if it is diagnosed) is one of the listed 3 comorbidities (with diabetes and sleep apnoe) for bariatric surgery according to NICE guidelines. If you DO have it you might be able to get NHS bariatric surgery (if your bmi is at least 35) but it varies according to where you live.

Thanks but im all paid up and booked in for 5 days, I didn't even consider going to the NHS I hate my doctors and do everything I can to avoid it, up until a few months ago I didn't go for over 10 years x

When I had my op there was a lady in the next bed that was due to have a Gastric Bypass. They refused to do it because she had a high temperature and they soda they would get her back in over the next few days. She was really upset but they said they wanted to get her temperature under control. She was sent home and came back in the following afternoon and had the op :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

When I had my op there was a lady in the next bed that was due to have a Gastric Bypass. They refused to do it because she had a high temperature and they soda they would get her back in over the next few days. She was really upset but they said they wanted to get her temperature under control. She was sent home and came back in the following afternoon and had the op :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks for the info x

Back