• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to sleeve

SUNSHINE

hi. I had my band about 5 yrs ago and I lost 10kgs. I have started to gain although my food does not go down most of the time. I am having my band removed and a sleeve done in June. I'm having it done in Prague. I just want more weight lose and quality of life. I need to eat small amounts without worrying whether the food is going to go down or where the nearest toilet is to vomit. It's really embarrassing. It's good to read encouraging messages about the sleeve. I hope I find someone going to Prague the same time I am.

Welcome not going to Prague but have done the band to sleeve conversion and am very happy with it good luck x

21st January I've lost nearly 2 1/2 stone but don't think I'm the fastest loser I did loose 6 stone with my band but I put4 back on when it went wrong x

So an update. I had my sleeve done 3 weeks ago now. I feel ok. I've lost 10kg since op. Still getting tired sometimes. The only problem I have is I feel as if something is stuck in my throat and I need to burp. Sometimes it does help. Initially I put it down to having an endoscopy and the tube down my throat during surgery. But it's been over 3 weeks. That's the only thing I'm hating at the moment. Is this normal.

I still can't burp properly and I'm 9 wks
I get the burps if I'm full but it's like the food is in my throat..
Although I don't like people burping I would love to do a big burp like you do if you drink fizzy pop quickly lol x

You might be right Tracey about the full part. Will try a couple of less spoons tonight and see if it makes a difference. Thanks

I get the same but can burp and feel so much better. Spend most of my time apologising for gurgling noises and burping!!

I get the same but can burp and feel so much better. Spend most of my time apologising for gurgling noises and burping!!
I know what you mean. It does feel a lot better after burping. I'm hoping the lump feeling goes away soon though

So I thought I would just write an update. I'm now 5 weeks 2 days post op. The lump in the throat I complained about last time is now gone. I actually feel good. I am now drinking more but can still only manage a couple of spoons of food at a time. Although it's better than the first weeks. I have lost 14kgs which is 30.86 lbs. im now 96kg which is 15 stone 11. I'm over the moon. My work scrubs are loose. I am finding so many advantages of the weight lose some of which I'm too embarrassed to write about. ;)

Last edited:
It might just be me but I find the embarrassing advantages the best ones to read lol. Well done on your loss so far! Keep up the good work, you'll need new scrubs in no time!! x

Well done! :)

It might just be me but I find the embarrassing advantages the best ones to read lol. Well done on your loss so far! Keep up the good work, you'll need new scrubs in no time!! x
Thank you. Will post the embarrassing when I'm 13 stone definitely. Something for me to look forward to.

Fantastic weight loss, well done :winner:

Hi. I thought I should write an update. I'm now 10 weeks post op. I'm doing great. I really love my sleeve. I'm now managing to drink more fluids comfortably without sipping. My food quantity is still small, at most I can manage a sausage at tea. I had 2 weeks when my weight did not change. I'm now weighing 90kg (14.1 stone). Total loss from surgery is now 20 kgs (3.15stone). I'm walking for about 40 mins every other day. My target weight is 80kg ( 12.59 stone). This weight is still regarded as overweight but it has always been my goal. So 10kgs to go then we will see what happens.

Back