• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy ..feel like a huge weight has been lifted

Mrs Noodles

Well tonight i've discussed having a gastric sleeve with my husband and he now supports me fully with the op.

I considered the sleeve 2 year ago and was going to go to Prague but he was dead against it and talked me out of it. The past 2 years he's watched me struggle with my weight, tried Cambridge diet, weight watchers, slimming world etc and gained it all again.

I've been plucking up courage to mention again and out of the blue he mentioned a gastric band! Anyway we've discussed it tonight and he's right behind me so no I can book my op.

I'm so happy and relieved.

Well done it must be such a relief to finally have this much needed support and understanding from a loved one

Thanks all, I feel really excited now and hopefully having surgery in April.

I want to get a quote from a Spire near me and then make a decision.

So pleased for you...my husband got behind my decision to have surgery (and took out the loan to pay for it), it made everything so much easier. Good luck on your journey

Lynn x

I was lucky as those around me were very supportive from the moment I expressed an interest in WLS as a recent bypasser I can say that in the first few weeks you definitely need to lean on others even for simple tasks so having plenty of support is extremely important, I wish you lots of luck for the future Xx

Thank you all for your replies. Think I'll start a sleeve diary when I have a date x

Back