• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band v bypass life after WLS

Hi Liz,

It's getting very REAL now, feels very different to when I went in for the band, guess its cos I know what to expect, although in some ways that makes it more scary!!

I've got my pre op 6th April, but haven't got confirmation of my op date yet, Emma has assured me it is going ahead just admin are slow getting the letters out!! typical eh!!

hiya Liz, its early days for me having just had my bypass last saturday, I am still cooking for my family, my wife burns water, at the moment my interest in food as gone and i look forward to my bovril and a yogurt, how sads that, for someone who could get through a Kingsmill loaf in a day no problem, allways had to have 2 pies with my chips. all I want to be is normal, I have been overweight since I was 25, 61 in 2 weeks.x

Hi Indianlight

Thank you for sharing your story. It was very interesting to read. I'm in my very early days of having a band and need to lose another 11 stone. I do at times doubt my decision of chosing the band over bypass. I'm trying to stay optimistic at the mo and am determined to make it work for me. I do though have the bypass in the back of mind and have not ruled it out forever. I'll see how it goes.

All the best with the next leg of your journey!

Nicola
x

Thanks NIchola,

I hope that the band is all that you need, I wouldn't wish havign to have both ops on anyone.

You do like me have a lot to lose, my suggestion is don;t lose heart, keep following the rules and exercise..thats the important thing, especially when you get stuck.

Good luck with it and I hope you reach your goal soon..xx

Back