• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life 1 Year after Gastric Bypass

chrisa

HI all do things change after 1 year post op. I am just coming up to my surgiversary on 20th August, does the hunger return? I am struggling to resist sweet things, I do try and have a very small piece if i really crave it but think I might have to stay away from them altogether, really. I am very active now back to the gym and lots of walking had been running fir a while but had a strain of some kind on my knee so doc said to stop and just do walking the pounding does not help it. Have just done cross trainer rower and other exercises and some light weights to keep my skin as taught as is possible after all the stretching it has endured. I am at the poin tnow where I fancy something make it have 2 bites and just don't want it, but need the vitamins going in, try to keep my daily amounts going in always eat off my tea plate and often leave a bit. Think I don't drink as much water at mo as I had been do we have to keep up that forever? I have no wish to go back to ww or sw but would like just to be normal and eat healthily and keep on track. x:confused::confused::cry::17729:

Does anyone have any answers?? Is there anyone out there??? THink I'm in the Bermuda Triangle!!!!

Can only reply from my own experience. At 3.5 years out I do get more hungry and can eat much more than tea plate full so good for you if you stick to that. You do need to keep the water drinking up as it does help fill you up and keep water hydration levels up which suffer with malabsorption from the RNY. I actually never crave sugary things when I can have then but on a diet and boy do they figure large and have all the time through post bypass. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I don't or like you have a bite then chuck them. For myself I have rarely achieved the new healthy eating lifestyle that I need long term. I do it then I fail BUT I will not allow myself to get fat again at a point which differs each time I suffer a regain and then I come to my senses and lose it again. Its not ideal but so far so good. Hope you do well long term.

M

Didn't want to read and run. I'm a newbie bypasser in relation so not much help.

I'm fighting the food demons badly at the moment and I'm considering some 'mind help' with that. As for the hunger, I'm sure others have posted that it does come back. About water, generally it's recommended that everyone gets in enough fluids. I don't drink anywhere near as much as I did pre-bypass as I can't fit it all in - used to get in 5L some days. I'm also constantly thirsty so this does help with my fluid intake as I feel I need it all the time.

I hope someone more useful can come along and help you.

(((hug)))

Thank you both for replying you have both helped me even though you may think you haven't xx i am doing my best and thats all i can do xx

Sounds to me chrisa as if you are doing amazingly well!! You really have changed your lifestyle and have got to grips with the head hunger. and if you can stop at a couple of bites that says to me that you must have amazing willpower and determination.. I know I havent had my bypass yet so can't give advice, but just had to say that I think you are doing more than okay xxxx

Thank you Amanda for those kind words, i will keep on plodding onwards and see wher i go from here and try to help those who are approaching where i have been x

Back