• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band with THG...think I'm going to do it!

Hi donkeysaurusrex had my consultation on 26 July I had my call earlier to be there for 7am ... Been on liquid diet for 9 days so far & lost 10lbs up to now might get to see you there we must try keep in touch on here as we can support each other xxx
Ooh yes we might see each other! Are you a day case? I'm going to have to get there for 10.30 as trains to Bromsgrove on Sundays are ridiculous and that's the first one, as I found out when I had my consultation 3 weeks ago on a Sunday!

10pounds?! You've clearly stuck to it really well :)

I can't imagine I've lost much weight on the food version, I don't own scales to check, and you don't get the same visible shrinking of the stomach as you do with liquids only which is a shame, but lactose and I don't get on at all so it was my only option! As long as I don't wake up from the op without a band - I'm told it has happened when people haven't stuck to the pre op!

Ooh yes we might see each other! Are you a day case? I'm going to have to get there for 10.30 as trains to Bromsgrove on Sundays are ridiculous and that's the first one, as I found out when I had my consultation 3 weeks ago on a Sunday! 10pounds?! You've clearly stuck to it really well :) I can't imagine I've lost much weight on the food version, I don't own scales to check, and you don't get the same visible shrinking of the stomach as you do with liquids only which is a shame, but lactose and I don't get on at all so it was my only option! As long as I don't wake up from the op without a band - I'm told it has happened when people haven't stuck to the pre op!

Hi yes I'm a day case going there by myself as hubby got to have kids till 10 am untill someone can watch them he should be with me about 10.30 ... I can't wait by doing the liquid it's surprising how easy it becomes after the first week ??good luck for Sunday xxxx

Hi yes I'm a day case going there by myself as hubby got to have kids till 10 am untill someone can watch them he should be with me about 10.30 ... I can't wait by doing the liquid it's surprising how easy it becomes after the first week ??good luck for Sunday xxxx

Best of luck to you too xxxx

Me too .....Hi donkeysaurusrex I got there at 7am I think I was first to go down op went well but couldn't get my bp under control & had the most horrendous pain on left side of body think the surgery irritated by gallstones had to stop in over night had nothing but peppermint tea yesterday have arrived home now resting not feeling great but better than I was glad yours went well xx

Congrats both! Becky, sounds like it was pretty unpleasant for a bit but I'm so glad better today. Hope you continue to feel better and better as time goes on xx

Congratulations to you both, can i ask how you found the pre op diet? Im going to do the one where i can eat real food i think, but i am scared of my liver not shrinking enough so am going to start it a week early, just hope i can stick to it for 3 weeks :/
Any way i wish you both the best of luck and a speedy recovery

Congratulations to you both, can i ask how you found the pre op diet? Im going to do the one where i can eat real food i think, but i am scared of my liver not shrinking enough so am going to start it a week early, just hope i can stick to it for 3 weeks :/ Any way i wish you both the best of luck and a speedy recovery

I did the milk diet was difficult first four days but got better ? I had milky coffee which seemed to fill me up ?

Congratulations to you both, can i ask how you found the pre op diet? Im going to do the one where i can eat real food i think, but i am scared of my liver not shrinking enough so am going to start it a week early, just hope i can stick to it for 3 weeks :/ Any way i wish you both the best of luck and a speedy recovery

I had the real food one as I'm lactose intolerant and I worried too. I had to do it for a week and went over my allowances a bit but here I am all banded! The Dr said it went really well. I cut down a week early because I felt like a blow out last supper might ruin it but from everything I've seen I think the liver shrinking is only an issue if your bmi is very high. I've read about people only being told to do 24 hours with bmis of 45plus.
Just stick with it and trust the plan. Your doctor will know what they're doing :)

Nice to be home now but I have wind pain from hell! Far worse than the (tiny) incisions lol!

Me too .....Hi donkeysaurusrex I got there at 7am I think I was first to go down op went well but couldn't get my bp under control & had the most horrendous pain on left side of body think the surgery irritated by gallstones had to stop in over night had nothing but peppermint tea yesterday Glad I took ear plugs as the animals next door made a racket, but had a decent sleep and lovely if crazy dreams! Had some wind pain but the worst of it seems to have gone now. arrived home now resting not feeling great but better than I was glad yours went well xx

Oh bless you, that's all you need! Don't they look after you well though? I had an asthma attack coming round from the anaesthetic but they got a nebuliser on me really quickly and recovered well.
Most of my pain is from wind atm, I can't burp it up at all and it's quite bad. How's your pain? Are you kind of hunched walking? I'm finding it difficult to walk atm

Congrats both! Becky, sounds like it was pretty unpleasant for a bit but I'm so glad better today. Hope you continue to feel better and better as time goes on xx

Thanks :) honestly I've never had better care or staff in a hospital! My only blip was an asthma attack when I woke up and they were on it so so quickly. Just hoping the wind pain goes now, I feel like it's worse than the surgery pain! xx

Oh bless you, that's all you need! Don't they look after you well though? I had an asthma attack coming round from the anaesthetic but they got a nebuliser on me really quickly and recovered well. Most of my pain is from wind atm, I can't burp it up at all and it's quite bad. How's your pain? Are you kind of hunched walking? I'm finding it difficult to walk atm

Yes the really do look after you ... I have sipped peppermint tea for the wind pain which really helps .... I not feeling to bad now the first 15 hours were the worst for me ( the wind pain) I think I just had bad reaction to anaesthetic as bp was all over the place kept going hot & cold nurses were fantastic had to have bp done every 15 mins . Felt sorry got hubby who was so worried. But today's a new day & feeling much better managed to walk round the house a bit & make a cuppa ( without everyone fussing?) I'm not liking liquid paracetamol ..yuk.. As had a headache since last night. Look after yourself donkeysaurusrex & I will start a pre op diarie when I get round to it lol xx

Back