• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band

Greenyblu

I have9.5 mls I'n a 14ml band and I feel as if I can feel all I eat go down very uncomfortable could only eat 4spoons of bran flakes is this how it should be

Hi

When did you have the fill, was in recently?

In what way does it feel uncomfortable, maybe you are just more aware of what you are eating. Personally I cant eat alot of breakfast so maybe you will be like that too.

What sort of other things are you managing?

I had the fill week ago it feel alot different to my other fills the nurse keep saying eat more dry foods getting g con fussed by what she means can u give me some food tips please thank u

hi
I was banded 3 days ago and the op went really well (not much pain), i'm currently on fluids and i find when i'm sipping water or any other drink i keep burping after the sip, is this normal? will this burping stop? is it because my band is too tight? i have 1mls in a 14mls band

I was the same...1 week on my mini burps have almost stopped :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi all, i'm 1 wk post op now and its going well. I get the burps often too but figure it must be a good thing ( trapped wind release) Im extremely hungry tho but steadily increasing fluids, i can drink a normal cup size at a sitting, im only having veg oxo, nas, tea (pepper mint) coffee and now 1 slim fast shake a day but will increase this to max 3 in coming weeks, surgeon advised 6 weeks liquids only, really dont know if i can manage it tho but i wldnt want to risk damaging my precious band so will have to find a way to overcome, lol. wish you all every success.

Thanks for those posts mazza. They are really helpful! I've saved them
Now so I have something to refer to.

Mable...6 weeks fluids? That sounds alot. Hope you're managing ok x

6 weeks of liquids?!!! I'm on liquid for 2 then mushy/thicker for next 2 wk, that's with WLS group, and have my apt for my first fill at 6weeks post op! Yours seems to be over cautious? xx

yes, i think so too but guess its best to err on the side of caution, i really dnt want any hitches with wgt loss or even having more surgery. but thats what i was advised by surgeon and dietician plus its stated in my booklet that they, heartlands, regard this as standard procedure!! I will try but im poper hungry, my chosen pre op diet was the real food one as i'm not grt at liquids only

Poor you :(

I'm the same as jo, 2 weeks liquids then 2 mushies. Do whatever you've been advised to do though, there must be a reason for it :) hope u r recovering well x

just done the school run!! yeah, there defo must be an explanation for it, maybe they've had a higher percentage of follow up ops? but i think its to further educate us on developing new eating habits. Im doing grand considering, best wishes to you and all in the same boat too!! tried a size 18 jeans last nite, went up me legs and under me belly, ha ha, wow this is just amazing.

It must definitely be Heartlands guidance rather than Mr Supers. He did my band op at Dolan Park with The Hospital Group, and I was on 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushy then normal food. Had my first band fill at 6 weeks. Good luck with the 6 weeks liquid, I definitely do not envy you. :)

My surgeon recommended 6 weeks of fluids after op, but dietician emailled me after 3 weeks to move onto mushy food, then through to more solid stuff.
He also takes the cautious approach, first band fill was after 7 weeks and then he only puts a little in at a time.
He does have very good results, but it is hard to be patient xx

Back