• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band infills

tigerlilly..

hi i have had a band for 7 wks now and had my 1st infill 2 weeks ago 4 weeks after my op i had 2 mls added and now have 4 .25 mls i have not lost any more weight since having an infill and feel hungry can eat a big dinner and have started thinking about food all the time should i go and have another fill pls can someone advise me as i find the hospital a waste of time for advice thks:confused:

I would definately contact the team at hospital and explain the difficulty you are having with restriction. They are there to help you succeed but also are careful with fills to make sure you can get proper nutrition. Too tight and you might not be able to eat sufficient food to keep your weight loss healthy.
I had a very slow start to restriction and as well as contacting them and asking for some more in the band I would urge you to make sure you are following their advice around what to eat, eg make sure you don't eat slider foods too often. You should only just be off mushies though so don't worry too much.
Maybe try denser drier food and perhaps keep a food diary or note calories.
I personally had to start calorie control because my restriction was practically nil for a whole year, so whilst it's not ideal to be having to follow a calorie controlled limit daily, it might help you avoid gaining or losing faith in the whole process whilst you wait for the sweet spot fill.
If you can get another fill it seems like it might be good for you to get one soon so you don't lose heart..it could be you only need another mil or two to see a definate improvement.
Good luck

I have had my band since 4 October and also lot very little. i have 8mls (out of a maximum of 10mls) so can understand your frustration. don't know what to do now!!

Back