• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded a Week !!

honey-dd

Well iv got to one week lol:D:D

So far im still hurting on left side:( and tired, weak and had some strange visual disturbance thing a day ago :confused:,but ,,,im a lot better than i was this time last week :D and do feel better by each day.

Just feel really upset that i did so much reading in to it and not found one person that's had anything like the pain i had post op:(. There normally feeling a lot better by a few days past, but here i am 7 days past still sore on high dosage pain killers from gp and im still bloated lol.

But iv lost nearly a stone in two weeks so im a very happy bunny :D.

I dont think im eating enough?. But i just dont want anything im trying to keep fluids up i drink orange juice, apple juice and as much water as i can ,I take a multi vit ,pro biotic yogurt thing and a vit c tablet ,but im very very worried about hair loss:confused:, I'm going to get some protein shakes today .Do you think im doing everything right ??

And im really looking forward to a fish pie in a weeks time as im still on soups :D

Hairloss tends to affect bypassers more than banders due to the malabsorption issues bypassers have, so try not to worry about that too much. So long as you take a good multivit (pref one with minerals in) you should be fine, you could always add in some Berocca etc.

I'm not saying hairloss doesn't happen with a band, just that it's less likely.

Shel x

i havnt been told to keep up with the vitamins i stopped after pre op diet finsished i was banded nearly 4 wks ago and i still get uncomfortable on the port site which is the left side so dont worry it will improve i was co-dydramol for neary 10days so i must have a rather poor pain threshhold lol everyone is different hun i woke up and felt like id been hit by a bus for the first week! i still struggle lifting or pushing heavy shopping trollys etc sounds like your doing fine and well done on weightloss babe

Hiya Honey
Your doing fine i would get some slimfast shakes for your protein. i had loads of nice soups but just half a dozen mouth fulls. I also had lattes for a treat.x

Thank you xx

shelbell, I already suffer with hair loss, started this year after Cambridge diet for the umpteenth time ,and its never gone. My hair has not gone in patches but its a lot thinner. I lose a handful or more every time i wash my hair a lot more than i should, hence my worry that it will keep going as im not getting enough protein as im still waiting for it to re grow.

To days after the op i genuinely got really upset at the fact id had to do this,that i was to much of a failure to resort to gastric surgery,and got upset that id not be able to eat properly again:( ,still feel a little upset but not to bad.

One question though can you still eat rice??. Those that have had a band that is ,my list states rice, pop and chewing gum are a no no. But i dont mind not having it but i love sushi and its a main part. I really dont want to give that up so im worried now i wont be able to eat rice silly i know but its one of the very low fat healthy things i love .

Am not a big fan of cambridge and the like, they make me seriously ill when I've tried them! Try some selenium and zinc for the hairloss or see if your GP has any suggestions. :hug99:

hi honey
i can eat rice in small portions but not pasta or bread. as for the pain dont worry to much as i was still in pain 3weeks post op so you not the only one hun..
every day gets better trust me..
emmaxx

Am not a big fan of cambridge and the like, they make me seriously ill when I've tried them! Try some selenium and zinc for the hairloss or see if your GP has any suggestions. :hug99:

iv bought two box's of selenium ace:D, but i cant take tablets for another three weeks .

Do you know when ill be able to take them? or any tablet in this case lol . My nurse said no bigger than your little nail ,i hate liquids and cant wait to just be able to take somthing without trying to find there liquid counterpart

hi honey
i can eat rice in small portions but not pasta or bread. as for the pain dont worry to much as i was still in pain 3weeks post op so you not the only one hun..
every day gets better trust me..
emmaxx

Thank you:) ,im not happy you was in pain but happy if you get me lol as it means its normal:D

Id like to be able to eat the odd sandwich with no crust iv heard that is ok most of the time, and i love pasta and was told as long as its soft and as long as you really chew it its ok i really hope i can still :confused: .But im starting to think its down to the person trying so if you can eat a little rice i might be ok on the odd occasion having sushi i only eat it when i go to London as i like the real sushi bars so its only twice a year but i really do love it ,id rather give up chocolate than sushi lol

iv bought two box's of selenium ace:D, but i cant take tablets for another three weeks .

Do you know when ill be able to take them? or any tablet in this case lol . My nurse said no bigger than your little nail ,i hate liquids and cant wait to just be able to take somthing without trying to find there liquid counterpart
it seems all advice is different as i was taking tablets from my first day home never told to take liquid ones and been fine with them even the big ones! i was told i could eat rice but was told to avoid pasta as it really not a good food for weightloss

Its all very confusing and different for everyone, I am so glad there is a site like this though as it has so much help and advice on it....Linda x

Honey I agree 100% with that then everyone would know where they stood and what to expect. This forum has given me so much info if and when I ever get the op....Linda x

you really need to address your needs
your nutrition at this point in time is of paramount importance you could go on to suffer malnutrition be very careful
i am worried that you have not been given reasons why you shouldnt eat rice and whatever else is on the list
there are always alternatives i mean the main ingredient of sushi is raw fish have you tried a little smoked salmon with half a scrambled egg and asparagus tips ? or smoked salmon wrapped round some cream cheese roulade you could wrap that in a vine leaf like a dolmades then cut it into rounds its just as delicious and looks like sushi but far more nutritional...rice is just high carb and can swell in the stomach too.. especially if its aldente ..which has to be a no no it could cause the band to slip and you will be back in theatre !
i am worried about you please get some advice from a qualified nutrionalist i am sure that such a person would solve all your issues including your hair loss
people dont realize how essential it is to eat healthily
to maintain good skin hair and nails teeth bones etc
untill you see or speak to a nutrionalist just stick to what it says on your diet sheet if like me you like quick answers you could try jusk ask.com i got a vet one saturday night after finding a lump on my pet yorkie i could not wait untill monday to see the vet and get an answer so i paid the fee about 5 pounds i think at the time and chatted with the vet there and then so i slept soundly that night knowing that my yorkie was in no immediate danger
so get some good advice take good care of yourself !!

you really need to address your needs
your nutrition at this point in time is of paramount importance you could go on to suffer malnutrition be very careful
i am worried that you have not been given reasons why you shouldnt eat rice and whatever else is on the list
there are always alternatives i mean the main ingredient of sushi is raw fish have you tried a little smoked salmon with half a scrambled egg and asparagus tips ? or smoked salmon wrapped round some cream cheese roulade you could wrap that in a vine leaf like a dolmades then cut it into rounds its just as delicious and looks like sushi but far more nutritional...rice is just high carb and can swell in the stomach too.. especially if its aldente ..which has to be a no no it could cause the band to slip and you will be back in theatre !
i am worried about you please get some advice from a qualified nutrionalist i am sure that such a person would solve all your issues including your hair loss
people dont realize how essential it is to eat healthily
to maintain good skin hair and nails teeth bones etc
untill you see or speak to a nutrionalist just stick to what it says on your diet sheet if like me you like quick answers you could try jusk ask.com i got a vet one saturday night after finding a lump on my pet yorkie i could not wait untill monday to see the vet and get an answer so i paid the fee about 5 pounds i think at the time and chatted with the vet there and then so i slept soundly that night knowing that my yorkie was in no immediate danger
so get some good advice take good care of yourself !!

Thanks for the interesting advice:confused:. but im no longer one week past op ! im about 8 weeks past now and eating anything i like .

i already know what caused my hair loss and iv had plenty of reasons why i should not eat certain foods at certain times after my band(rice being can get stuck in top pouch not somthing anyone wants) but thank you for being worried about me !

Back