• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded

pickleberry

Hi Everyone!
Well i had my op on the 28th September and i feel great.
I am going for my first fill on the 5th November and i'm starting to worrying a bit about it and i don't know where they have put the port.
I lost a stone on the pre-op diet :D which was more than i thought i would do. I have lost 2 stone since i stopped the fizzy which has made such a big change in the way i feel.
Did anyone find that they couldn't handle any drinks with sugar, even sugar free drinks since their ops?

Bee

Hi Bee...well done on having your op :)

your port is usually close to your biggest scar/wound...mine is just below the breastbone and I can easily feel my port, but depends on the surgeon as to where the port is located....where is your biggest scar?

as for drinks, it took me a long time after surgery to tolerate fruit squashes and mainly I stuck to water and hot drinks...I didn't really drink fizzy pop anyway.

the port is located near the largest scar, i chose not to do any fizzy drinks for the 1st 12 months as the fizz swells the pouch and can make u vomit, still dilute orange or fruit juice was ok. i can now do fizz if it has ice in it as it kills the gas.

Well done on the weight loss Bee. I can manage fizzy drinks as long as I sip them. I have just had to change from full sugar coke/pepsi to diet or pepsi max. I don't drink it like I used to drink it but just have it as a little treat now and then. I stick mainly with plain old waterxx

Like Gaynor I am fine with fizzy if I sip, though the diet ones are full of crappy chemicals anyway and I wouldnt touch regular with a barge pole so I have not bothered for ages and I am happy with plain old water and milk now.
My port is centre chest and my bra covers it, I know some people have them lower down so yes your biggest scar is going to be where its located as Yvonne said.
You'll be allright lovey, I had trouble feeling mine at first and as you lose it is easier to feel. (I tend to not prod it though as it still feels a bit strange sometimes)

hi Pickleberry,
Well done-great loss - in such a short time!
Were you banded at Salford Royal?

Thank you everyone for all your advice and questions.

My biggest scar is near the top of my tummy but not as high as others. I am sure that i can feel the port when i lay down as the scar becomes a lump and sticks out a bit.

Yeah i had my op at Salford Royal, i was on ward B2 and the nurses were great.

I am loving crusher milkshake mix right now it's the only drink that i can handle.

Back