• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you feel your port????

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hi guys

Im worrying as I can feel my port tonight, ive lost 2 stone almost since the pre op but even just running my hand over my stomach I can feel something under the skin directly under the port scar. Ive emailed WLS to ask about it as im worried it cud have flipped.

Im 20 stone so theirs plenty of fat on me lol, im probably worrying about nothing

Who else can feel their port?

Hi, I cant feel mine, as its not directly underneath the port scar. Its abut 5-8cm below. The radiologist said as I keep losing weight the port will become more 'feelable' if thats a word hehe. If you are worried though call your provider and maybe they will be able to advise you better :)

yep its perfectly normal to be able to feel the port, i can also feel the fill line that comes from it please dont worry its normal xxx

liz x

I can feel mine too and keep prodding it since I've become aware of it. Need to leave it alone now :)

Hi pinkdaisy, yes I can feel my port it feels like 1/2 a walnut below my skin around my left rib. sometimes when I sit down my rib hits against it, i dont like this feeling as im afraid of moving it but so far so good

Eileen

Back